This is my first issue with the team so far

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a RB that's gouging the opposition to the tune of 5 yards a pop, why stop it?

this coaching staff could be ruining our young QB with their questionable judgement.

462070[/snapback]

What team are you talking about? Willis got 20+yds on his first carry and on the next 12 he got 25 more. You don't win games by running first. You know you won the game when in the fourth quarter your running the ball.

When you have a RB that's gouging the opposition to the tune of 5 yards a pop, why stop it?

this coaching staff could be ruining our young QB with their questionable judgement.

462070[/snapback]

Dunno. Ask the Chiefs' offensive coordinators. They had the same gameplan.

What team are you talking about?  Willis got 20+yds on his first carry and on the next 12 he got 25 more.  You don't win games by running first.  You know you won the game when in the fourth quarter your running the ball.

462073[/snapback]

hello? he had over 80 yards on 16 carries.

hello? he had over 80 yards on 16 carries.

462075[/snapback]

When you are loosing the game in the fourth quarter, I doubt the defense much cares if you run the ball, it just is not going to win the game for you.

We were down 6. It would have been a sound strategy.

462088[/snapback]

I don't think we can count on the run with this offensive line. We sure can't get the 3rd and inches plays.

Bennie Anderson is a big stinker!

I went back on the game and watched a few plays. Bennie was schooled today by the stunts the Saints ran with their D line. The guy is just not quick enough.

If we can't be the Saints, the rest of the schedule is just brutal looking to me.

3-13 :devil:

I don't think we can count on the run with this offensive line. We sure can't get the 3rd and inches plays.

Bennie Anderson is a big stinker!

I went back on the game and watched a few plays. Bennie was schooled today by the stunts the Saints ran with their D line. The guy is just not quick enough.

If we can't be the Saints, the rest of the schedule is just brutal looking to me.

3-13  :devil:

462099[/snapback]

This just in, the two ends and the MLB for New Orleans are some of the best in the game. While the rest of the d sucks Howard, Grant and Watson are top shelf.

We were down 6. It would have been a sound strategy.

462088[/snapback]

maybe 10 years ago if you were in the Big Ten, but it has been a long while since that strategy was used...even in the Big Ten. All teams now move the ball by passing. The run is only effective if the defense fears your ability to pass.

maybe 10 years ago if you were in the Big Ten, but it has been a long while since that strategy was used...even in the Big Ten.  All teams now move the ball by passing.  The run is only effective if the defense fears your ability to pass.

462120[/snapback]

Right. Tell that to the Falcons or Tampa or San Diego...

NEXT...

This just in, the two ends and the MLB for New Orleans are some of the best in the game.  While the rest of the d sucks Howard, Grant and Watson are top shelf.

462113[/snapback]

Isn't the Saints D ranked near the bottom of the NFL?

When you are loosing the game in the fourth quarter,  I doubt the defense much cares if you  run the ball, it just is not going to win the game for you.

462085[/snapback]

Had we run the ball more there's a pretty good chance the Bills wouldn't have been losing in the 4th quarter...

maybe 10 years ago if you were in the Big Ten, but it has been a long while since that strategy was used...even in the Big Ten.  All teams now move the ball by passing.  The run is only effective if the defense fears your ability to pass.

462120[/snapback]

It just kills me that people keep saying this, lol.....This idea of running Willis isn't some damn THEORY that some of us are coming up with.....Willis WAS RUNNING EFFECTIVELY! It was HAPPENING! He DID average 4+ yards per carry! There is NO EXCUSE to not continue with what is working.....I dont understand why some of you keep saying we should pass when it's the run game that is getting us the yards!!!

It just kills me that people keep saying this, lol.....This idea of running Willis isn't some damn THEORY that some of us are coming up with.....Willis WAS RUNNING EFFECTIVELY!  It was HAPPENING!  He DID average 4+ yards per carry!  There is NO EXCUSE to not continue with what is working.....I dont understand why some of you keep saying we should pass when it's the run game that is getting us the yards!!!

462132[/snapback]

You must pardon him. The heat of the SoCal sun has obviously impaired his thinking.

462120[/snapback]

haha. where do these guys come from? every game is won by strictly passing the ball in the 4th quarter? what a joke.

You must pardon him. The heat of the SoCal sun has obviously impaired his thinking.

462133[/snapback]

It's more than just him, too! I can't believe how many people keep saying we should pass, pass, pass, even though Willis is running his ass off! WTF??? lol Tell me I'm wrong about JP and that we should have kept Bledsoe.....tell me you think TD sucks.....at least you can make an argument for stuff like that....but to tell me that Willis should NOT get more carries? How do you defend something like that? My God, we have one of the best runners in the NFL.....and even though our QB is a noob and can't pass worth a damn yet, he STILL runs for big yardage......and some people don't think he should have more carries??? I'm sorry, I don't get that at all, lol