OT....the undefeated streak ends San Jacinto Eagle

We lose on Saturday night to the power house team in the league.....in their house

I cannot express just how proud I am of our kids (young men) though.....

- The particular team they were going against tonight had just been rolling teams.....noone had scored more then 6 points on them all year.....

- Our team consists of 12, 13, and 14 year olds.......we find out a couple of days before the game that the team is drawing kids off the freshman high school team that were academically ineligible........even though you are only allowed 5 14 year olds on your squad.......having said that...our kids went in and fought hard anyways.........

- During the course of this game.....we had a goaline run for a touchdown that was not called a touchdown (wouldn't you know it....my son at FB right up the middle) he was clearly into the end zone but the refs wouldn't blow the damn whistle......then a player for the other team grabbed him and pulled him out by his jersey.......no touchdown.....:lol:

- Right after halftime.....they are driving on us (on a plethera of flags one of withc included a flag on US COACHES....because we were screaming at our HC to call a timeout because a kid wasn't getting off the field fast enough.......our kids our on a goaline stand and clearly STOP a runner from getting into the end zone and the refs call it a touchdown......their hands were up before the runner even crossed the plane....which he never ended up doing.

- As our HC started protesting it......he was told by the ref to shut the (**&& up and coach instead of reffing the game.

- On my way off the field one of our visiting family fans (a very nice elderly lady) stopped me to tell me she she one of the refs hugging one of our opposition on his way off the field.... :w00t:

- So basically....woulda, shoulda, coulda.......I was left hoping we get this team in the playoffs on a nuetral site. If this is the best team in our league.....then I say our kids can take them.

What was actually kinda funny as while our "kids" are getting their after game gatorade half of our opponenets are getting behind the wheel of their CARS talking *$$&$ and driving away.

Don't worry about it- as long as the kids are having fun, respecting the officials/opponents, and respecting the game- its all good.

Some leagues make it so easy to win if you are willing to bend the rules, that it becomes a joke.

Teach the kids to play the game the right way, and down the road, they'd be teaching the ones who play it the wrong way now.