need buffalo restaurant advice

freester

My brother and I are bring our oldest kids (ages 7 and 5) to the Dolphins game next week.  We are fling in from out of town.  Where is a good place to go to dinner saturday night before the game?  Some place near the airport or near Williamsville would probaly be preferable.  Any suggestions for great buffalo food?

460238[/snapback]

if you want buffalo food then of course you should go for the wings. i prefer the original at anchor bar, but if i recall, Duff's is a close 2nd (and for some people even better) and that is close to that area. at sheridan and millersport if i recall..

of course, it has been a while since I lived there!

My brother and I are bring our oldest kids (ages 7 and 5) to the Dolphins game next week.  We are fling in from out of town.  Where is a good place to go to dinner saturday night before the game?  Some place near the airport or near Williamsville would probaly be preferable.  Any suggestions for great buffalo food?

460238[/snapback]

Brennan's in the plaza on the NE corner of Main & Transit in Williamsville (actually Clarence) is very family friendly, has a wide menu of Buffalo food and is easily accessible from the highways

Brennan's in the plaza on the NE corner of Main & Transit in Williamsville (actually Clarence) is very family friendly, has a wide menu of Buffalo food and is easily accessible from the highways

460548[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought about them too (wasn't sure of the name though B-)), but they can be jammed if you go at the wrong time...

For "local flavor" on Transit there's always Ted's Hots...unless you're looking for sit down...I think there's a Bob Evans there somewhere. :w00t:  Actually, as Tiger says there are restaurants everywhere in that area...

460378[/snapback]

Yeah I remember Ted's Hots too. The Bob Evans is right next to the thruway.

When I fly in with the kids, I stay at the Holiday Inn on Genesee by the Airport. Two times, I got that hotel for $50 using Priceline.

Whether you stay there or not, the restaurant in the Holiday Inn is pretty good... not the best in Bflo... but you can't beat the conveniece if flying.

They have the staples: Beef on Weck, Wings...

One of my daughter's LOVES the Turkey Dinner platter.