Amazing item on conserving fuel

spidey

bull sh--.

Ray Nagin's gross incompetency and corruption has gone by barely without mention and his actions have barely been documented. Meanwhile, the ENTIRE blame for the event's handling has gone to the Feds and the "Bush Bad" crowd has gone down again, this time with GWB getting bad press for..get this....going to NO "too much."

472792[/snapback]

It's clear that he is grandstanding to make up for his initial failures. I know you don't agree with that and I have no desire to even try to convince you otherwise. That aside, it is a logically consistent position. Perhaps you have heard the phrase "day late and a dollar short". Those of us who do believe that his hiring of Brown was a major mistake and that his reaction was slow see what he is doing now as an attempt more to heal his public image than to accomplish anything of substance on the Gulf Coast.

As for Nagin, he has been baked and cured to a crisp over this. You can't be on the internet for more than a few minutes without stumbling across pictures of submerged buses. If you have some empirical data to back your claime that Bush and the feds have had to shoulder the ENTIRE blame for the whole mess, I'd like to see it. I have seen plenty on the shortcomings of the locals. Perhaps there is a hypersensitivity to any criticism of Bush with an accompanying knee jerk defensive response on the part of some that leads to a perception that only the feds are being lambasted.

Take heart though, rather than a 911 Commission type of investigation that would be truly bi-partisan, there is going to be a partisan congressional white wash that, apart from Brown, will certainly blame the locals heavily (deservedly no doubt) and give the administration a pass (not so deservedly perhaps). Soon you will be "vindicated".

Gee, not everyone can match up with the brilliant essays that you post here.   :pirate:

472853[/snapback]

I'm not pretending to be at a higher level intellectually than anyone else here. In fact, I don't post too often in PPP because I am uninformed about a lot of the issues, mainly for the reason that I don't care enough about most of them to get involved in a debate.

I will say that I am educated and well-traveled, and I do try to take a more worldly view on most things. I identify with both sides of American politics on various issues, depending on what's what. IMO, the worst thing you can do is blindly follow party lines instead of coming to your own conclusions. It's not straddling the fence, it's weighing issues individually as oppposed to grouping them in with a collective ideal.

When I get over here to read some topics, I do learn quite a bit. But many times, the topics seem to deteriorate into the same responses, boiling down to "The left/right are idiots" and "The media is biased." When I saw this topic had slumped to that level on the second or third post, I said "Yawn."

I'm not pretending to be at a higher level intellectually than anyone else here.  In fact, I don't post too often in PPP because I am uninformed about a lot of the issues, mainly for the reason that I don't care enough about most of them to get involved in a debate.

I will say that I am educated and well-traveled, and I do try to take a more worldly view on most things.  I identify with both sides of American politics on various issues, depending on what's what.  IMO, the worst thing you can do is blindly follow party lines instead of coming to your own conclusions.  It's not straddling the fence, it's weighing issues individually as oppposed to grouping them in with a collective ideal.

When I get over here to read some topics, I do learn quite a bit.  But many times, the topics seem to deteriorate into the same responses, boiling down to "The left/right are idiots" and "The media is biased."  When I saw this topic had slumped to that level on the second or third post, I said "Yawn."

472946[/snapback]

Fair enough, but you didn't need to go to the 2d or 3d post when the very first one in the thread was based on the same silly partisanship you claim to abhor. I would have assumed the yawn would have been directed at that post, rather than at someone who was making pretty much the same commentary as you.