Is Mularkey Meathead II?

Wiz

Excuses, excuses. You can only win the games put in front of you.

9-9 would be .500, which by any standard is AVERAGE.

459604[/snapback]

So I guess you are willing to accept 8-8 every year. Me I want to make the playoffs and maybe another Super Bowl. But if you are willing to live like this then go become a Bengals fan.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother Bill, hypocrites don't see the fallacy in their screwed up logic.

459614[/snapback]

I am in the middle here. I think that MM will be a very good coach down the road.

In fact, I think that he is already doing fine for a guy in his second year, who has a GM who can't/wont deliver an offensive line to his football team.

I am in the middle here. I think that MM will be a very good coach down the road.

In fact, I think that he is already doing fine for a guy in his second year, who has a GM who can't/wont deliver an offensive line to his football team.

459623[/snapback]

It's the coaches job to tell the GM what he needs, and what he is willing to forgo, in order to win.

You are not seriously suggesting that MM could talk to TD in an authoritive manner, are you?

459635[/snapback]

What I am suggesting is it is a team, and it is the head coaches job to go to the GM and say, I need a better LT, LG, and DT.

GM says, it will cost this much and you will need to cut someone, your choices are we can sign Corey Simon, but need to cut Eric Moulds. Are you willing to do that?

I can trade our 1st pick for Ogden, but you also lose Nate next year, are you willing to do that.

The coach then has to decide his priorities and tell the GM whether he is willing to sacrific one for the "benefit" of the team as a whole. Either MM is not doing that, is letting the GM push him around too much, or he is unable to coach to the decisions made. Either way, MM is just as culpable or more so than the GM, since it is the coaches job to design schemes to win.

And uh, who built the majority of Cowher's teams?

Just curious.

459640[/snapback]

Cower himself, which is why TD was removed 8 years ago.

And even if you want to give TD some credit, that's fine. This isn't about the GM, this is the coach telling the GM what he needs and making it work. MM isn't doing that. Cower did and when TD didn't listen, TD was removed.

Cower himself, which is why TD was removed 8 years ago. 

And even if you want to give TD some credit, that's fine.  This isn't about the GM, this is the coach telling the GM what he needs and making it work.  MM isn't doing that.  Cower did and when TD didn't listen, TD was removed.

459646[/snapback]

Exactly. The B'gals fell into the toilet for quite a time after Paul Brown passed on and son Mike became owner/GM. The B'gals did have a bunch of half-way decent coaches during their wander in the desert, but Brown was the final word in choice of personnel etc. (e.g. Brown insisting on Akili Smith when HC Coslet was screaming to make the trade with Ditka for that fistful of choices offered up to get Ricky Williams).

He finally let it go when Lewis was hired, to good result.