AVP/Murphy

BillsNYC

They seem to be getting more comfortable (I listened to a couple pre-season games and they were shaky at first).

One thing I like is AVP's knowledge of the X's & O's. He gives lots of detail including, for example, which guard made which key block, or missed which assignment, etc... He really knows, of course, the NFL playbook and this gives the listener a deeper understanding I think.

I think they will become a very good team. The only thing that takes some getting used to is that AVP does not have a strong radio voice (or delivery). It kind of sounds like some guy you know got to be on the radio.

AVP is very intelligent and can diagnose why a play did or didn't work. A bit stiff, yes, and I just hope he can develop and sense of humor.

He needs to stop worrying about projecting himself as a broadcaster and more of an everyday guy talking to the fans on a more personal level.

Murphy isn't any better than Van Miller at this point. Then again, he has nowhere to go but up.

I think AVP is worried about being perceived as too much of a homer--that's what makes him sound unsure. I say let it rip. Somebody needs to get him tapes of Sonny Jurgensen and Sam Huff on the Redskins broadcasts...home fans want a homer!!!!

Overall, I like the team a lot...and think by the end of the year the rough spots will be gone.

Murph is a really good play by play guy.

Pretty good. I listened to them on Sirius. Murphy was decent. AVP is a little dry though. One thing I like about AVP though is having just retired he offers good insight as to what players are thinking during a specific play. Especially Drew.

32629[/snapback]

Are the Sirius and NFL internet radio feeds in synch with the NFL ticket feed? Anyone?

Nothing worse than knowing what happens before it happens.