I am a very glass is half full type...but

and let me preface this by hoping I am dead wrong.......

Losing Takeo Spikes was huge for this team....just huge.....

His loss brings the defense down...the defense that was supposed to be dominate so we could bring a young QB along slowly.....

God I hope I am wrong

455274[/snapback]

Theres nothing wrong with facing reality, and we are going to struggle to be consistent on defense as well as offense. Should Takeo heal and return the same playe next year, Jp get some good experience, and hopefully draft O-line in every round next april, we should be a playoff contender next year. These injuries happen though, and they are unfourtunate as well as untimely. I put my faith in JP becoming a quality NFL quarterback, and us picking up some lineman this offseason that can play. Those things combined with Mcgahee would make us tough to beat, or at least competitive with the leagues top teams. I'm sure Donahoe has something better in mind though.

and let me preface this by hoping I am dead wrong.......

Losing Takeo Spikes was huge for this team....just huge.....

His loss brings the defense down...the defense that was supposed to be dominate so we could bring a young QB along slowly.....

God I hope I am wrong

455274[/snapback]

Well, after three games we are dead last in the league in rushing defense so I can't imagine that it's going to improve with him out.

My first thought about Takeo was, Oh Schit. THere goes the heart and sould of the D. But then I remembered, there's no excuse for our defensive performance, both the past two weeks as well as going forward.

No excuses, and I hope we don't hear any from mularkey or donahoe.

The pats lost the heart and soul of their D in Bruschi. And that's a defense with more heart and soul to lose. Tons more. Now they've lost their 'backup heart and soul' in harrison. Think their defense will sputter? Nope. THey only shut down a running back that tore it up the first two weeks, and limited the steelers to their worst offensive performance so far....and that's with two starting cornerbacks out.

Bottom line: This is a coach's game. THe smartest coaches can win with nobodies. And you can have a team of probowlers stink it up if your coach isn't quite of the same caliber.

What I fear is beyond the loss to Takeo and the downright WRETCHED performance of JP Losman.