Some nerve

blzrul

link Those poor, overworked members of Congress. They sure deserve it.

Ever notice how, even if they enter Congress as a regular Joe or Jane, many of them come out millionaires (many, not all)?

What's so ironic is that this happened the same day that the U of IL report on lost high-tech jobs is being discussed everywhere, hundreds of thousands of good jobs gone forever, with unemployment in high tech centers like Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco over 6% ... and these guys think they deserve a cost of living raise.

Chutzpah. Check the vote roster and vote out the "yea's". :huh:

link Those poor, overworked members of Congress.  They sure deserve it.

Ever notice how, even if they enter Congress as a regular Joe or Jane, many of them come out millionaires (many, not all)?

What's so ironic is that this happened the same day that the U of IL report on lost high-tech jobs is being discussed everywhere, hundreds of thousands of good jobs gone forever, with unemployment in high tech centers like Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco over 6% ... and these guys think they deserve a cost of living raise.

Chutzpah.  Check the vote roster and vote out the "yea's".  :huh:

32316[/snapback]

Oh I think the senator from Mass would disagree. After all it's hard work to make only 3 or 4 votes over the last 2 years.

Plus look at all the time he spend creating and submitting legislation.

Well forget that, I agree with you these !@#$s don't deserve it.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Oh I think the senator from Mass would disagree.  After all it's hard work to make only 3 or 4 votes over the last 2 years. 

Plus look at all the time he spend creating and submitting legislation. 

Well forget that, I agree with you these !@#$s don't deserve it.

32322[/snapback]

Must be a harder than job than being Governor of Texas, and screwing up an entire state by yourself! :huh:

NOTICE that the Congressional pay raise was ATTACHED to the military and civl pay raises. NOW the parties have fodder, basically saying that 'HEY LOOK, HE/SHE voted against MILITARY PAY RAISES!!!' What a TRULY F-ed up country it is when we see that happen.

Must be a harder than job than being Governor of Texas, and screwing up an entire state by yourself! :huh:

NOTICE that the Congressional pay raise was ATTACHED to the military and civl pay raises. NOW the parties have fodder, basically saying that 'HEY LOOK, HE/SHE voted against MILITARY PAY RAISES!!!' What a TRULY F-ed up country it is when we see that happen.

32333[/snapback]

OK, I'm confused. Back in the 2000 campaign, most of the lefties say the governor of Texas was nothing more than a figurehead position so Mr. Bush wasn't qualified to run the country. Now you're saying he screwed up the whole state? How can a figure head do such a thing?

OK, I'm confused.  Back in the 2000 campaign, most of the lefties say the governor of Texas was nothing more than a figurehead position so Mr. Bush wasn't qualified to run the country.  Now you're saying he screwed up the whole state?  How can a figure head do such a thing?

32348[/snapback]

Ummm...uhhhh....Bush Bad.

32333[/snapback]

Umm Texas is !@#$ed up?

Have you seen DC, the last bastion of true democrats. This place just put Marion Barry back in as the friggen Ward 8 councilman last night. Are you kidding me. Texas being !@#$ed up is nothing compared to your center of reality.

Berry is planning on running for mayor next year. You now what, he will win. You democrats deserve people like him.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Umm Texas is !@#$ed up? 

Have you seen DC, the last bastion of true democrats.  This place just put Marion Barry back in as the friggen Ward 8 councilman last night.  Are you kidding me.  Texas being !@#$ed up is nothing compared to your center of reality. 

Berry is planning on running for mayor next year.  You now what, he will win.  You democrats deserve people like him.

32355[/snapback]

Maybe the bastion of liberal Democrats, but then again, Texas is the bastion of conservative Republicans too! Seems to me extreme views garner extreme problems! :huh:

I can't control who votes for who in either state, so I'm sticking with the lovely, unblemished beauty of my home state. (BTW, I didn't vote for Bernie Sanders, so can't blame me there! hehe)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
OK, I'm confused.  Back in the 2000 campaign, most of the lefties say the governor of Texas was nothing more than a figurehead position so Mr. Bush wasn't qualified to run the country.  Now you're saying he screwed up the whole state?  How can a figure head do such a thing?

32348[/snapback]

I never said he was a figure-head. That's like saying that all Republicans believe what most of their conservative members say. I KNOW that is not true!!! Some people in both parties actually have brains that work more than 50% of the time!!!

:lol:

Must be a harder than job than being Governor of Texas, and screwing up an entire state by yourself! :lol:

32333[/snapback]

Yeah, Texas is *really* screwed up.

/sarcasm

The state is growing by leaps and bounds. Austin is set to DOUBLE in size in the next 20 years or so. Houston is the fourth biggest city in the U.S. Dallas and San Antonio are booming as well.

Texas is an awful place if you hate low taxes and lots of really good jobs.

I never said he was a figure-head. That's like saying that all  Republicans believe what most of their conservative members say. I KNOW that is not true!!! Some people in both parties actually have brains that work more than 50% of the time!!!

:lol:

32403[/snapback]

If you were using your brain you'd understand that no politician at any level in this country has "carte blanche" to do what they want. Playing the "blame game" is why we actually have the problems we do. It also keeps people from concentrating on the actual issues. Congrats.

If you were using your brain you'd understand that no politician at any level in this country has "carte blanche" to do what they want.  Playing the "blame game" is why we actually have the problems we do.  It also keeps people from concentrating on the actual issues.  Congrats.

32407[/snapback]

He's in the Navy and that's what they do. They putz around and let problems fester. Then they say send in the Marines, and get upset when the Marines destroy everything.

Then they say the Marines have to be more sensitive.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
He's in the Navy and that's what they do.  They putz around and let problems fester.  Then they say send in the Marines, and get upset when the Marines destroy everything. 

Then they say the Marines have to be more sensitive.

32414[/snapback]

I want to know how you get ANYWHERE without the Navy???

*crickets*

Remember bub, you are a part of the Department of the Navy.

Remember that the next time you look at your LES! :lol::lol:

(BTW, if you want we can stop using our missiles and our bombs so you can fight a lot more enemies if you wish, once you thumb a ride over to the theater!)

Hoo boy, what a night! :D

*crickets*

Remember that the next time you look at your LES!  :lol:  :lol:

(BTW, if you want we can stop using our missiles and our bombs so you can fight a lot more enemies if you wish, once you thumb a ride over to the theater!)

Hoo boy, what a night!  :D

32444[/snapback]

We'd be glad to drop them off. Less people in theater wearing jeans with their names on their ass.

*crickets*

Remember that the next time you look at your LES!  :lol:   :lol:

Hoo boy, what a night!  :D

32444[/snapback]

Last time I checked Marines could drop in with choppers, c130's and 141's. Air Force will give us a ride as AD said. We could track across smaller bodies of water, since they are an amphibeous force. Let's see we have 18's, harriers, ospreys, cobra's, and a few others that can drop bombs. Besides we could take over a ship and make you guys drive us there, since we get to have weapons and actually know how to use them.

Almost forgot, you know the Naval Department Pay is run out of a Marine base in Kansas City right. All of that was turn over in the late 80's since the Navy kept !@#$ing it up.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Last time I checked Marines could drop in with choppers, c130's and 141's.  Air Force will give us a ride as AD said.  We could track across smaller bodies of water, since they are an amphibeous force.  Let's see we have 18's, harriers, ospreys, cobra's, and a few others that can drop bombs.  Besides we could take over a ship and make you guys drive us there, since we get to have weapons and actually know how to use them.

Almost forgot, you know the Naval Department Pay is run out of a Marine base in Kansas City right.  All of that was turn over in the late 80's since the Navy kept !@#$ing it up.

32457[/snapback]

Good luck in finding the BASES and SHIPS to REFUEL them! :lol: aha!!

Hand-carried weapons, yes! Tell you what; come on over to NAS Norfolk, and try to fire the AEGIS system. You can have as many Marines as you want, and we'll even GIVE you the OPMANS!!! ;) hehe j/k DON!!!!! :D

As far as I know, DFAS ALWAYS @!#@!s up pay for EVERYONE3. Hell, I get so pissed at my personnel office in Italy; they find new ways to NOT pay me what I should be getting!! :lol:

Good luck in finding the BASES and SHIPS to REFUEL them!  :lol:  aha!!

Hand-carried weapons, yes! Tell you what; come on over to NAS Norfolk, and try to fire the AEGIS system. You can have as many Marines as you want, and we'll even GIVE you the OPMANS!!! ;) hehe j/k DON!!!!!  :D

As far as I know, DFAS ALWAYS @!#@!s up pay for EVERYONE3. Hell, I get so pissed at my personnel office in Italy; they find new ways to NOT pay me what I should be getting!!  :lol:

32478[/snapback]

I have an old Navy buddy working on the Aegis systems down in Dahlgren. He is an old navy officer, who probably would help me figure it out.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I have an old Navy buddy working on the Aegis systems down in Dahlgren.  He is an old navy officer, who probably would help me figure it out.

32494[/snapback]

Good luck! :lol: I'll be back in CONUS next year, and it will feel GREAT to go to a couple of Bills games, baseball games, Wendy's, Tim Horton's, college football....

OK, I'l stop now. I'm making myself sick!! :lol: