Angelo Crowell, starting olb

Wiz

Crowell's biggest problems are awareness and strength. He doesn't seem to really see the flow of the play quick enough, especially when he is at MLB, and he struggles to shed blockers and make a play.

The need for Fletcher was more than obvious to me the last two games when Fletch took most of last week and a lot of this week off. We got out asses handed to us everytime he was off the field.

Crowell's biggest problems are awareness and strength.  He doesn't seem to really see the flow of the play quick enough, especially when he is at MLB, and he struggles to shed blockers and make a play. 

The need for Fletcher was more than obvious to me the last two games when Fletch took most of last week and a lot of this week off.  We got out asses handed to us everytime he was off the field.

454189[/snapback]

We were getting our asses handed to us while he was in there. I agree with the strength and awareness but I still don't see the speed needed to play at that level. I would like to see them move Posey over and put Stamer in on the other side.

We were getting our asses handed to us while he was in there. I agree with the strength and awareness but I still don't see the speed needed to play at that level. I would like to see them move Posey over and put Stamer in on the other side.

454196[/snapback]

Go back and look. It was not nearly as bad when Fletch was in there. The majority if not all of the Falcons big plays, Fletch was on the sideline.

Go back and look.  It was not nearly as bad when Fletch was in there.  The majority if not all of the Falcons big plays, Fletch was on the sideline.

454200[/snapback]

I was referring more to the week before in Tampa Bay where Crowell played the 2nd half after Fletch played the first half. I thought a lot of the defensive play calling was poor and that Spikes had his worst career as a Bill today before getting injured.

I was referring more to the week before in Tampa Bay where Crowell played the 2nd half after Fletch played the first half.  I thought a lot of the defensive play calling was poor and that Spikes had his worst career as a Bill today before getting injured.

454213[/snapback]

And again, a lot of that is because Fletch keeps players off Spikes. Fletcher may not be as good an athlete but he is key to a lot of what happens on the D.

And again, a lot of that is because Fletch keeps players off Spikes.  Fletcher may not be as good an athlete but he is key to a lot of what happens on the D.

454228[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, Fletch is a top 5 MLB but we are going to get a heavy dose of off tackle and sweeps to the left the next couple of weeks until Crowelll proves that he can really play the position. But who knows, maybe Crowell will be a lot better in that position rahter than MLB. I sure hope so.

Since it looks like he's going to be playing for a while, what do you all think?  I like the guy's energy, but he seems to make alot of stupid mistakes such as the roughing the passer call on third down today

454106[/snapback]

Funny, seems like only yesterday that we were bragging about having the best linebacker depth in the league, with three guys who would be starters any where else.

As always, the truth is somewhere in between. Crowell will be the least of our concerns. (Probably.)

All we know is it's his achilles...and he couldn't put any weight on it.

At best it's a sprain.

But it's not a sprain.

454348[/snapback]

Unfortunately, we are probably going to hear tomorrow that he is out for the season. Did you see the tears in his eyes as he was being carted off the field? Man, it sucks!

Unfortunately, we are probably going to hear tomorrow that he is out for the season. Did you see the tears in his eyes as he was being carted off the field? Man, it sucks!

454354[/snapback]

Yeah, I had my binocs on him when he was down on the field after the play and I saw London walking back to the sideline repeating to himself: "F*(^ me".

that about sums it up...