OT- New Car

bartshan-83

I have recently lost the automotive love of my life to a head gasket crack. I got a 1985 BMW 528e when I was 16 and it gave me almost 5 years of loving, faithful service. I love the hell out of that car but dumping 2 grand into a car with 225,000 miles seems a little crazy to me.

I am in the market for a new ride and I have always loved Camaros. I think it is a travesty that the Mustang caused the eventual discontinution of what was a great American muscle car. I am deciding between:

1994 Z28 Coupe....84k miles

and

1996 Z28 T-Top Coupe 117k miles.

Same price...both in great condition and from a dealership (not privately sold).

I like to say that I know my sh*t when it comes to cars but I have never known anything besides my German beauty. Anyone with any Camaro experience have any insight? Let me know because one of those two cars will be mine by next week.

Thanks TBD

peace

I think it is a travesty that the Mustang caused the eventual discontinution of what was a great American muscle car.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I've been around a lot of Mustangs & Camaros thru the years & I'll take a Mustang every time! :huh:

With my experience with GM products from the early-mid 90's is that once they hit around 75K miles they start to break down and a steady $250/month repair bills start. If you get above 100K you’re looking for trouble.

If your able to fix it yourself you will save considerable $$$$ but I wouldn't recommend either for your main driver.

There is not much difference in the engines of 94-96 Camaro's. The difference will be cosmetic.

First thing you need is a mullet! Can't own a camaro without one!

I have recently lost the automotive love of my life to a head gasket crack. I got a 1985 BMW 528e when I was 16 and it gave me almost 5 years of loving, faithful service. I love the hell out of that car but dumping 2 grand into a car with 225,000 miles seems a little crazy to me.

I am in the market for a new ride and I have always loved Camaros. I think it is a travesty that the Mustang caused the eventual discontinution of what was a great American muscle car. I am deciding between:

1994 Z28 Coupe....84k miles

and

1996 Z28 T-Top Coupe 117k miles.

Same price...both in great condition and from a dealership (not privately sold).

I like to say that I know my sh*t when it comes to cars but I have never known anything besides my German beauty. Anyone with any Camaro experience have any insight? Let me know because one of those two cars will be mine by next week.

Thanks TBD

peace

31921[/snapback]

After the 528, I suspect you'd be disappointed. I'd expect a 93-94-95ish Prelude would be just as fun and a lot more reliable.

It seems the Mustangs grow on me. I hated the new style when it came out, but I really like them now... And those picks in in the link! :lol:

Of course, given my name, I can't forget the Firechickens... :lol:

Guest 40+ Yr Bills Fan

IMHO I would do some checking on e-bay. If you take your time you can find an honest bargain on a gorgeous lo mileage Camaro.

If you go this route make sure of Feedback Ratings, etc.........

Not a bad way to go.

:lol:

I agree about the late model Mustangs, but have you seen the new, new Mustangs?

http://www.fordusa.com/2005mustang/photogallery.asp

I wouldn't necessarily buy one, but at least they're easier to look at.

32397[/snapback]

Thats the first glimpse I've gotten. VAST improvement. I just thought that the last model was looking more and more like a chick car (especially the convertible).

MHO.....thanks for the link

peace

With my experience with GM products from the early-mid 90's is that once they hit around 75K miles they start to break down and a steady $250/month repair bills start.  If you get above 100K you’re looking for trouble.

If your able to fix it yourself you will save considerable $$$$ but I wouldn't recommend either for your main driver.

There is not much difference in the engines of 94-96 Camaro's.  The difference will be cosmetic.

32523[/snapback]

no sh*t huh?.....hmmmm.

Well let me ask you ALL this, how much would you pay for either of those cars?

no sh*t huh?.....hmmmm.

Well let me ask you ALL this, how much would you pay for either of those cars?

32666[/snapback]

I have 3 GM cars. The older ones being a 91 Saturn 220,000 miles, 92 Formula 350 175,000. Just routine maintenance. As far as how much to pay, look here Kelly Blue Book

You asked for opinions.  If you don't want to know then don't ask.

32814[/snapback]

Bro....misunderstanding. I wasn't saying "no sh*t" to be sarcastic. I meant it in more of a "oh for real?" way. I appreciate the info and help that you and everyone else in this thread gave me. I really do.

Thanks

peace

Corvette

This is the best American Sports car ever, Anything else and you're wasting your time.

32791[/snapback]

T80....you keep pushin this vette deal on me. Dude, I f*ckin wish this conversation was about which Vette I wanted to buy. B) Unfortunately my budget doesnt call for that right now....maybe one day. Thats why I called it the "poorvette."

peace