How Ironic?

NJ_BillsFan

Would anyone have guessed that Reed would have been our leading receiver after 2 weeks? I predicted him to not even make the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a pro bowler this year. :(

Seriously, You know our offense is in trouble with that stat.

I think we will do better this week and I wouldn't be surprised is Losman looks to Reed again this week in the slot.

Bills win: 24-17

Would anyone have guessed that Reed would have been our leading receiver after 2 weeks?  I predicted him to not even make the team.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's a pro bowler this year. :o

Seriously,  You know our offense is in trouble with that stat.

I think we will do better this week and I wouldn't be surprised is Losman looks to Reed again this week in the slot.

Bills win: 24-17

449177[/snapback]

Over the summer i said only half jokingly that this was the year for the Losman-Reed combo to blossom...i didnt know how truthful that would be after 2 weeks :(

(I admittedly am a big Josh Reed apologist, but i am probably the biggest Terrence McGee fan/apologist anywhere...i looked for his probowl jersey but couldnt find it)

just shows how bad our offense is.

i dont see how they can cover both moulds and Evans, while also stopping the run.  :(

449189[/snapback]

I have to admit I have not seen either game, though I have heard them on Sirius radio. If they are single covering Moulds and Evans, then they can still stop the run. I was commenting that the Bucs might have such little respect for Reed, and might use a LB to cover him.

well that stat is mainly due to the bucs game. they would shift coverages, LBs blitz, and have a LB from farther away come over at the last second. same with the safeties... so a reciever would look open, then be covered at the last second.

the way the camera was, i couldnt really see the coverage. but when a reciever did look open, JP would throw it "away" from the reciever. (like he was scared that it would be picked). but it was so far away from the defender, that even the WR could not catch it.

it wasnt till the final drive that he seemed to gain confidence in his throws and recievers, and threw TO them, insted of AWAY from the defender.

I have to admit I have not seen either game, though I have heard them on Sirius radio.  If they are single covering Moulds and Evans, then they can still stop the run.  I was commenting that the Bucs might have such little respect for Reed, and might use a LB to cover him.

449202[/snapback]

I think that these thoughts are the key. I know I poohed-poohed the prediction that the Bills O would not score a TD against TB because I simply thought the Bills had too many talented individual weapons for them to cover everyone.

In the end, I think the TB boys simply beat the Bills straight up and in fact the covered everyone.

There are those who worry that this was actually due to inaccuracy as a passer on JPs part, but I think that though this was probably part of the story, the facts indicate this is not true as an explanation of out total D failure.

JP connected on the hand-offs to WM fine. The big stories in this game are that we did not run and eventually did not stop the run.

Can JP carry this team with is passing. NO!

He is not good enough and may even never be we will see in a few years. However, this fact does not mean the Bills cannot win as last year it is obvious Bledsoe also could not carry the team with his passing and we came within a game of making the playoffs. The game story is that Cadillac successfully ran and WM did not. I do not think JP can pass this team to a winning record, but i do think he can augment a productive run attack with the same skills which saw him start the last game 6/7 or the same skills which saw him respond to the benching by going 5/5 (or something like that) at one point.

Would anyone have guessed that Reed would have been our leading receiver after 2 weeks?  I predicted him to not even make the team.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's a pro bowler this year. :(

449177[/snapback]

Leading reciever, no. But I was confident in him after seeing a couple days of camp and the preseason games.

I knew he would make the team, the local Haddad homers were kidding themselves.

"I do not think JP can pass this team to a winning record, but i do think he can augment a productive run attack with the same skills which saw him start the last game 6/7 or the same skills which saw him respond to the benching by going 5/5 (or something like that) at one point. "

Let's hope that it never gets to the point where we are relying on Losman or any other QB for a winning record. By definition, we won't go far. There has to be D, and to get beyond a winning record to a wildcard, division and conference title, there has to be a running game.

There are too many people making too many projections based on a 2nd year rookie quarterback's performance. Give the guy a chance to get into a rhythm and get some experience, then judge.

If Bledsoe would have been under center last Sunday, the result wouldn't have been much different. He would have gotten his ass sacked, Willis wouldn't have the holes, and the D would have still been run over by Williams.

At the end of the day, defense wins championships. Period.

(I admittedly am a big Josh Reed apologist, but i am probably the biggest Terrence McGee fan/apologist anywhere...i looked for his probowl jersey but couldnt find it)

449187[/snapback]

I've got a McGee jersey you can have. It's authentic-looking, right down to the scorch marks from being torched by Michael Clayton last Sunday. <_<

I've got a McGee jersey you can have.  It's authentic-looking, right down to the scorch marks from being torched by Michael Clayton last Sunday.  <_<

449615[/snapback]

some of my friends down here rag on mcgee all the time...they say he cant defend the standard pattern against him, which is "run at terrence mcgee and turn"