Two Good Games Last Week!

R. Rich

I watched the Virginia @ Syracuse game (wanted to get some tape on Caviliers LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson). That was something. Syracuse showed a lot of heart in coming back to nearly pull off the upset. Virginia made a nice clutch drive @ the end, including a very gutsy fourth and short call by head coach Al Groh that they successfully converted. I thought both teams played their hearts out. I would've loved to see that one head into overtime.

Speaking of overtime, the Michigan State @ Notre Dame game was also impressive, for many of the same reasons. Notre Dame was down early and counted out (I saw some of the posts over on the Wall about it). Brady Quinn had a monster game for the Irish! This kid seems tailor made for Charlie Weis. They're not going to win a national championship this year (calm down, Irish fans), but they are NOT the same old Irish from the Bob Davie or Ty Willingham era. Their defense looks solid, so they'll come back strong.

I'd say the Miami-Clemson was pretty good, too.

446872[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I didn't see that one. I was pretty busy w/ other things last weekend, but I won't be this coming weekend, so I'll make sure I get in plenty of games. I need to start gathering some tape on prospective players, plus there's a few teams I want to see in action.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.