JP: STILL no INTs

I was praying in the 4th that JP would stay INT free. Regardless of whether he should have been picked by Peek last week or by the Bucs this week - JP still hasn't tossed an INT yet.

This is good confidence for a young Qb - yeah he stunk it up today, but he did it without being dumb about his throws...

Keep plugging JP

I was praying in the 4th that JP would stay INT free. Regardless of whether he should have been picked by Peek last week or by the Bucs this week - JP still hasn't tossed an INT yet.

This is good confidence for a young Qb - yeah he stunk it up today, but he did it without being dumb about his throws...

Keep plugging JP

445377[/snapback]

Didn't you doom him in the pre-season doing this.

Oh and if Peek or TB could catch it would be about 6 right now.

If opposing defenders could catch,  every QB in the league would finish the year with 40-50 INTs.

445384[/snapback]

Nice spin. Of course, you know that isn't true. And you know damn well 5 balls today were very catchable by TB, as they looked like the intended target and Peek made a nice break on the ball last week.

Didn't you doom him in the pre-season doing this. 

Oh and if Peek or TB could catch it would be about 6 right now.

445380[/snapback]

Sheee it. Yeah I did. Crap.

Hey ho- that's 2 weeks without an INT. Week 3 could be ugly.

Actually - I am watching the Falcons now - Seattle are doing a number on them... Running hard at the Falcons is gonna wear them down. Matt Hasselbeck is looking good against them, and he's sure got problems. Still- I like what Holmgren is doing in Seattle - their play calling is smart - they get the OL moving and MH moving about. OK so they have 2 pro-bowl OL, but c'mon, we got JMac... :angry:

Nice spin.  Of course, you know that isn't true.  And you know damn well 5 balls today were very catchable by TB, as they looked like the intended target and Peek made a nice break on the ball last week.

445389[/snapback]

Sure its true. I'd guess that every QB that played today put at least one pass into the hands of a defender who dropped it. And that's in addition to the ones that actually were intercepted.

And I never said that the Bucs couldn't have picked a few today. That said, there's a reason why 'almost intercepted' is not an NFL stat.

Sure its true.  I'd guess that every QB that played today put at least one pass into the hands of a defender who dropped it.  And that's in addition to the ones that actually were intercepted. 

And I never said that the Bucs couldn't have picked a few today.  That said,  there's a reason why 'almost intercepted' is not an NFL stat.

445401[/snapback]

Actually I believe it might be tracked.

Just as dropped passes are kept.

And putting 1 per game into a DB hands is one thing. Doing it 5 times in a half isn't.

And putting 1 per game into a DB hands is one thing.  Doing it 5 times in a half isn't.

445407[/snapback]

Sure but all that matters is that he's got a donut in the INT column for now. He's a kid after all and needs sheltering from the harsh realities of stuff like picks.

And putting 1 per game into a DB hands is one thing.  Doing it 5 times in a half isn't.

445407[/snapback]

Losman didn't do it five times in a half, or in the game. He threw one that should have been intercepted. The rest certainly were not the between-the-numbers gifts that some want to make them out to be. The Bucs were jumping the short routes and batted several passes. Most could have been intercepted had the DB been a half second quicker. Most would have been completed had they been a half second later.

Losman didn't do it five times in a half,  or in the game.  He threw one that should have been intercepted.  The rest certainly were not the between-the-numbers gifts that some want to make them out to be.  The Bucs were jumping the short routes and batted several passes.  Most could have been intercepted had the DB been a half second quicker.  Most would have been completed had they been a half second later.

445421[/snapback]

It was 4 in the first half, with three thrown right to the defenders and the 4th being that abortion in the endzone that easily could have been picked by the DE.

The 1st three were on the 1st series, 2nd play. Brooks easily had a TD and just dropped it. Very similar to the Peeks throw last week.

The 2nd was in the 3rd series, the throw to Barber where he broke perfectly and should have had it.

The 3rd was the same series, ball was thrown slow and behind Evans, and should have been picked right into Kellys hands. Evans made a nice play to knock it out of his hands.