Watching next April's #1 pick....

Lori

OK, probably not our #1, since I hope we'll be drafting at the bottom of the round and he'll be long gone by then, and I DO like Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay....

...but I've been all over Eagles DE Mathias Kiwanuka ever since the first time I saw him blow up Penn State's OL. He reminds me of Kearse.

Speaking of prospects for the first (or maybe second) round, I'd pencil in the FB Bernstein from Wisconsin. Shelton is getting up there.... And if you look at the tape of preseason and the last two weeks, he's missed on a few key blocks (see: JP's safety) and quite evidently hasn't been opening holes for Willis. Bernstein, when I saw him a couple of weeks ago, had that fire like a Sam Gash type. I'd love to see TD pick him up, and considering our ties w/ Wisconsin, I wouldn't be surprised by it.

You're right, tho. Kiwanuka will likely be the #1 pick. Sorry, Matt Leinart fans.

Speaking of prospects for the first (or maybe second) round, I'd pencil in the FB Bernstein from Wisconsin.  Shelton is getting up there....

You're right, tho. Kiwanuka will likely be the #1 pick. Sorry, Matt Leinart fans.

444239[/snapback]

I can't see that happening. Leinart will be drafted first if for nothing else than ticket sales.

OK, probably not our #1, since I hope we'll be drafting at the bottom of the round and he'll be long gone by then, and I DO like Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay....

...but I've been all over Eagles DE Mathias Kiwanuka ever since the first time I saw him blow up Penn State's OL. He reminds me of Kearse.

444220[/snapback]

Whoa, Lori. Kiwanuka is very tough, heck he would've been a top 10 pick LAST YEAR had he come out early, but there's a bunch of guys I could see being taken first. For the Bills (God forbid we have the #1 pick), I'd love to see us end up w/ D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Marcus McNeil, two outstanding offensive tackles. We could probably even trade down a few spots and get either player. For just about everyone else, they'd be hard pressed to pass on Leinart (looks to be a special QB) or Reggie Bush, the true MVP of the Trojans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.