Greg Easterbrook on Bill's Unis

merlin

Greg Easterbrook's TMQ column

" In other news, didn't the Buffalo Bills look sweet in their 1965 throwbacks? These uniforms feature red, white and flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, but the single most successful color scheme in world history. The look was a huge improvement over Buffalo's current livery, based on a hue TMQ calls Nineteenth Century Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic. Bills, just switch back to your old uniforms -- the 1965 look or the equally handsome colors of your Super Bowl run. All will be forgiven! You can leave the current ugly uniforms on the loading dock at league headquarters, no questions asked. "

Other Bills-related references:

Stats of the Week No. 8 : Buffalo has won 10 of its last 13 games.

Buck-Buck-Brawckkkkkkk No. 2: Trailing 22-7 at Buffalo, the Texans faced fourth-and-3 on their 33 with 5:55 remaining. You need two touchdowns. Punt, and even if the opponent goes three-and-out, the clock situation becomes impossible. Plus, it's only fourth-and-3; the average NFL offensive play gains almost five yards. Go for it! In trots the punting unit. Often in situations like this, coaches play to contain the margin of defeat rather than take every possible chance to win. Dom Capers wanted the defeat to seem close; at his season-ending performance review, he doesn't want the first item to be, "We started the season by getting blown out by the Bills." But winning, not keeping the final margin respectable, should be the only goal.

Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed At All: Willis McGahee gained four yards on his first five carries against Houston. When the run doesn't work right away, many teams immediately give up and go pass-wacky. But often the running game starts slowly, then builds steam as defenders tire. Buffalo kept giving McGahee the ball, and on his remaining 17 carries, the gentleman rushed for 113 yards. NFL teams, don't abandon the run.

I like each of his points.

The unis should definitely be brought back full time

By the time the texans punted in the 4th they were whipped dogs

Run Willis run. MM had the right gameplan for the texans, hope he's burning the midnight oil working on the bucs.

I like each of his points.

The unis should definitely be brought back full time

By the time the texans punted in the 4th they were whipped dogs

Run Willis run.  MM had the right gameplan for the texans, hope he's burning the midnight oil working on the bucs.

441967[/snapback]

Yep I agree too!

We went from having what I thought were the best uniforms to below average uniforms.

The throwbacks are a million times better than our present uniforms but not quite as good as our prior uniforms.

I would take the throwbacks any day over the new ones. If you have a chance to check them out, you should check out the 1963 (?) unis with the UCLA look on the shoulders. Those were pretty cool too. They are on some website that shows each teams unis for each year.