TMQ on the Bills

Golden Wheels

Tuesday Morning Quarterback

The tastefully named Gregg Easterbrook had 3 gripes about the Bills in his column this week, and I can't argue with any of them.

1. Sour Play of the week: Clements failure to KNOCK THE BALL DOWN rather than going for an interception on the 4th and 14 play with less than 2 minutes left.

2. Calling for a pass play on 3rd and 1 from the 1 yard line.

3. Punting on 4th down at the J'ville 33 instead of going for a field goal.

Tuesday Morning Quarterback

The tastefully named Gregg Easterbrook had 3 gripes about the Bills in his column this week, and I can't argue with any of them.

1. Sour Play of the week: Clements failure to KNOCK THE BALL DOWN rather than going for an interception on the 4th and 14 play with less than 2 minutes left.

2. Calling for a pass play on 3rd and 1 from the 1 yard line.

3. Punting on 4th down at the J'ville 33 instead of going for a field goal.

30982[/snapback]

With the exception of the Clements play.....I disagree with both....

- We had just attempted 2 plays for no gain and we were putting the ball on the turf all over the place.......I have no problem with a quick pass after attempting to run it twice in a row..........

- Our defense kicked their ass all day long......our field goal kicker had missed a fairly easy one in the swirling Ralph Stadium winds......and the jags were fighting the lock now as well......I thought it was the right call with the lead in a defensive battle......

Had we just been able to stop them on a FOURTH AND FRICKEN FOURTEEN none of this would be an issue........

- We had just attempted 2 plays for no gain and we were putting the ball on the turf all over the place.......I have no problem with a quick pass after attempting to run it twice in a row..........

- Our defense kicked their ass all day long......our field goal kicker had missed a fairly easy one in the swirling Ralph Stadium winds......and the jags were fighting the lock now as well......I thought it was the right call with the lead in a defensive battle......

30993[/snapback]

Actually, the drive after the interception started on the Jax 3 and we gained a yard each time we ran. I really think that we should have been able to pound the ball in or run some sort of play to the outside. The pass was a bad call.

Swirling Ralph Wilson Stadium Winds? I was there and based on the streamers on the uprights wind was not a factor. Lindell missed the damn kick after a good snap and a good hold - it's just that simple. Wind did not factor into the miss.

here is the problem with the play call given our QB-

Since our defense had been stuffing the JAgs all day, the Bills were in obvious 4 down territiry to go for the TD.

A quick pass may have been acceptable, but not a sack which forces the field goal (or worse a pick).

The play call and execution lost the chance for a TD on 4th down.

Funny how many are giving props to Drew for taking a sack instead of throwing a pick on the play - no real expectation that Drew would actually produce a TD.

With the exception of the Clements play.....I disagree with both....

- Our defense kicked their ass all day long......

30993[/snapback]