Powell on Putin: concern

Looks like this is a developing story. Powell says that the US may meet with Moscow officials in the next few days to discuss concerns. I'm sure Moscow will give a rat's ass what the US says. They have a cultural identity that bristles at the suggestion of US interference.

Iraq is a pimple compared to this rumbling volcano.

tidbit on Powell RE Putin

I wonder if Putin will borrow Ashcroft's December 6, 2001 Senate testimony and tell Powell:

"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve They give ammunition to Russia's enemies and pause to Russia's friends."

Rather than telling them how to run their own country, why don't we try and see if they are more interested in supporting our efforts in the wake of the awful attacks they have suffered?

I wonder if Putin will borrow Ashcroft's December 6, 2001 Senate testimony and tell Powell:

"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve They give ammunition to Russia's enemies and pause to Russia's friends."

Rather than telling them how to run their own country, why don't we try and see if they are more interested in supporting our efforts in the wake of the awful attacks they have suffered?

31038[/snapback]

Their message to the world RE those attacks is pretty clear. "This is our business. Don't you dare try to interfere."