If Rian Lindell were the Pat's kicker

AKC

This is where your premise falls flat on it's face. Brady didn't fail "to move the offense over the goal line", he got them in FG range in situations where a FG wins the game.

In 2001 he drove them for 3 first downs with only 90 seconds left.

In 2003 he drove them for 3 first downs in only 64 seconds.

31514[/snapback]

Uh, Trevor, that's EXACTLY what a field goal means- the offense never got over the goal line (which would count 6 points and warrant an extra point attempt) and the kicking unit was required to score points.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you accidentally posted the wrong link there.  That one takes me to a list of the QBs with the most passing yards of all time.  I see no mention of productivity.

Post again if you can find a link to the most productive QBs of all time.

31484[/snapback]

The existence of information is no guarantee that all will be able to comprehend it.

Your obsession with Tom Brady is odd. Have you considered a 12-step program?

Yeah, another 1000 posts and he'll be almost caught up to you.

You'll need to pass me a line to the hookah so I can enjoy the same hallucination you're having about our QB being mentioned in this string......

....ere

Uh, Trevor, that's EXACTLY what a field goal means- the offense never got over the goal line (which would count 6 points and warrant an extra point attempt) and the kicking unit was required to score points.

31618[/snapback]

It was the word fail I was objecting to. A FG in a situation where a FG wins the game, can never be a failure.

I can "comprehend" the existence of yardage totals, thank you very much.

But again, when you can find the list of the most productive QBs of all time, please post it.

31643[/snapback]

OK, let's try your comprehension one more time since you've been a dismal failure up to this point, and no, I don't give out little golden stars. Perhaps a little pointed cap would fit your head nicely though?

Official League post using "QB Production" to describe total passing yards

Guest is curfew breaker 5 years old??

that whole,its the system thing is retarded because EVERY single qb in this leaque is in a system.a system tht plays best to that players ability,DUHHHHHH. figures a bill fan said this.

and mr breaker,you do realize that in last years playoff game vs indy,fauria dropped 2 td passes in the endzone that was thrown right in his hands. or did you forget to remember that???? theres nothing you can do about your tightend dropping two endzone td passes(again you fail to mention this). brady should of had 3 td passes in that game.and he should of had 4 td passes in the super bowl,fauria caught a td pass but was called incomplete,but he was in bounds by atleast two feet in the superbowl game.

i got no problem with tom receiving both mvp awards,there was at least 4 dif ppl that could have gotten it in the first sb,and tom was one of them. a td pass,no pics,and put them in position in the most pressure filled drive in the pats history for a fg attempt with little time,all as basically a rookie.

and he was awesome in that second super bowl,3 td passes(really 4,read up above about fauria),most completions ever in a sb. and again lead them on a drive to get in position.

again tom should of had 3 td passes in that indy game,but something should be said if you have a bunch of field goals,it says your qb keeps leading them down field in scoring range. better then a bunch of 3 and outs and multiple picks a game.

just took you to school

oh,and bledsoe is a quarterbacking albatross. thank you mo lewis,thank you so much mr lewis. mo,you brought excitement back to new england football.thank you so much for getting rid of that 3 and out,3 and out,3 and out,non td producing,sack and interception machine pea brain of a qb right out of n.e. -i have been loving bledsoe languishing up in buffalo.

drew is a great guy off the field though,but man is not efficient at all.

OK, let's try your comprehension one more time since you've been a dismal failure up to this point, and no, I don't give out little golden stars. Perhaps a little pointed cap would fit your head nicely though?

Official League post using "QB Production" to describe total passing yards

31650[/snapback]

Wow.

First off, that's an article by Vic Carucci about Tommy Maddox. Hardly a league official declaring that passing yards should be the only judge of a QB's productivity.

Second, productivity is mentioned only once in the article, and it's in reference to both yardage AND TD passes.

Third, use common sense. There many stats that can be used to measure a QB's productivity, and yardage is among the least important. Winning percentage, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, etc. are all better indicators of how effective a QB is.

Understand yet? Or should I type more slowly?

Wow.

First off, that's an article by Vic Carucci about Tommy Maddox.  Hardly a league official declaring that passing yards should be the only judge of a QB's productivity.

Second, productivity is mentioned only once in the article, and it's in reference to both yardage AND TD passes.

Third, use common sense.  There many stats that can be used to measure a QB's productivity, and yardage is among the least important.  Winning percentage, completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, etc. are all better indicators of how effective a QB is.

Understand yet?  Or should I type more slowly?

31877[/snapback]

Excuse me- I forgot the bus marked "Pat's Trolls" was the tiny short one in the parking lot.

I hate to throw off your GED studies by confusing you with some very simple realities for the rest of us, but productivity is by definition measured in a quantitative manner as I, and the official website of the NFL, have pointed out. You apparently are welcome to offer your uneducated hypotheses here in a Buffalo Bills forum, but never mistake my exposing your inability to reason or accept logic as a friendly gesture. I don't see the the Pat's fans who have polluted this forum in the past year as capable of becoming "contributors" as many other opposing team's fans before them have become over time. But in every case there was some exercise of manners in their cases.

On the other hand if your intention here is to participate in a discussion of our division excuse my cold welcome. I see the garbage offered by others under the same flag you wave and assume you're as much of a louse as some of them. If you'd like to talk about the dynamics of the game of football in the manner of a guest in another's home I'll be the first to apoligize for the reception.

that whole,its the system thing is retarded because EVERY single qb in this leaque is in a system.a system tht plays best to that players ability,DUHHHHHH. figures a bill fan said this.

and mr breaker,you do realize that in last years playoff game vs indy,fauria dropped 2 td passes in the endzone that was thrown right in his hands. or did you forget to remember that???? theres nothing you can do about your tightend dropping two endzone td passes(again you fail to mention this).  brady should of had 3 td passes in that game.and he should of had 4 td passes in the super bowl,fauria caught a td pass but was called incomplete,but he was in bounds by atleast two feet in the superbowl game.

i got no problem with tom receiving both mvp awards,there was at least 4 dif ppl that could have gotten it in the first sb,and tom was one of them. a td pass,no pics,and put them in position in the most pressure filled drive in the pats history for a fg attempt with little time,all as basically a rookie.

and he was awesome in that second super bowl,3 td passes(really 4,read up above about fauria),most completions ever in a sb. and again lead them on a drive to get in position.

again tom should of had 3 td passes in that indy game,but something should be said if you have a bunch of field goals,it says your qb keeps leading them down field in scoring range. better then a bunch of 3 and outs and multiple picks a game.

just took you to school

oh,and bledsoe is a quarterbacking albatross. thank you mo lewis,thank you so much mr lewis. mo,you brought excitement back to new england football.thank you so much for getting rid of that 3 and out,3 and out,3 and out,non td producing,sack and interception machine pea brain of a qb right out of n.e. -i have been loving bledsoe languishing up in buffalo.

drew is a great guy off the field though,but man is not efficient at all.

31697[/snapback]

Just to be fair to you I'd like to ask you one question-

Is English your first language?

If you'd like to talk about the dynamics of the game of football in the manner of a guest in another's home...

That's exactly what I've been doing. You must not have noticed because you've been too busy thinking up clever ways to insult my intelligence level.

I'll be the first to apoligize for the reception.

I'll be waiting for that apology.

...productivity is by definition measured in a quantitative manner...

I thought productivity was measured by how productive someone or something is.

That's exactly what I've been doing.  You must not have noticed because you've been too busy thinking up clever ways to insult my intelligence level.

I'll be waiting for that apology.

I thought productivity was measured by how productive someone or something is.

32336[/snapback]

I understand it is your intention to be a contributing guest on the subject of football here on TSW, and I welcome you completely in that capacity while looking forward to sharing observations from the alternative viewpoint of a division rival.

Please excuse my presumption that you were just another of the Patsy bottom-feeders who spend their time here posting repetitive drivel.

I didn't go back to re-watch your opener in depth but it appeared to me that the base set of your defensive line regularly used 3 DTs against the Colts with Traylor coming for the most part off one of the end spots. Did you get a feel for the interior DLine scheme for the whole game and do you think it is merely a match-up design or something we should expect to see more this year?

I didn't go back to re-watch your opener in depth but it appeared to me that the base set of your defensive line regularly used 3 DTs against the Colts with Traylor coming for the most part off one of the end spots.

I didn't notice Traylor at end, as I belive he spent most (if not all) of his time at the nose. In the first half, the base D-line seemed to feature Seymour at RE, Warren at LE, and Traylor and Wilfork splitting time at the nose. In the second half, the Pats played a bit more 4-3, with both Wilfork and Traylor inside, and Seymour and Warren at the ends.

Interestingly, when the Pats went to a 3-4 in the second half, Wilfork saw a good deal of time at LE (perhaps this is what you were thinking of when you mentioned Trayloy at end). Wilfork also played LE in the final preseason game against Jacksonville, and looked solid in doing so.

As for the 3 DTs comment, while all four of the Pats starting/rotating DL (Seymour, Warren, Traylor, Wilfork) are considered DTs in a conventional 4-3, Seymour and Warren are prototypical 3-4 ends (although both can play the nose fairly well), and Wilfork seems able to as well. In addition, Jarvis Green, who many would consider too small to play DT even in a 4-3, sees time at nose in the Pats' system (usually on 3rd downs). I would say that the traditional DT/DE titles probably do not fit well on the Pats' DL, as they are rotated and switched and used at multiple positions at any given time.

Did you get a feel for the interior DLine scheme for the whole game and do you think it is merely a match-up design or something we should expect to see more this year?

I would expect the Pats' three main DL looks to be:

Seymour - Traylor/Wilfork - Warren (3-4)

Seymour - Traylor - Wilfork - Warren (4-3)

Seymour - Traylor - Wilfork (3-4)

With various substitutions for sub-packages, obviously. But yes, I see the DL scheme used against Indy as more a base formation that will be used all year long than as a situational thing.

Excuse me- I forgot the bus marked "Pat's Trolls" was the tiny short one in the parking lot.

I hate to throw off your GED studies by confusing you with some very simple realities for the rest of us, but productivity is by definition measured in a quantitative manner as I, and the official website of the NFL, have pointed out. You apparently are welcome to offer your uneducated hypotheses here in a Buffalo Bills forum, but never mistake my exposing your inability to reason or accept logic as a friendly gesture. I don't see the the Pat's fans who have polluted this forum in the past year as capable of becoming "contributors" as many other opposing team's fans before them have become over time. But in every case there was some exercise of manners in their cases.

On the other hand if your intention here is to participate in a discussion of our division excuse my cold welcome. I see the garbage offered by others under the same flag you wave and assume you're as much of a louse as some of them. If you'd like to talk about the dynamics of the game of football in the manner of a guest in another's home I'll be the first to apoligize for the reception.

31887[/snapback]

Be careful AKC, there's an awful lot of big words in this post for the trolls to try and understand. :lol:

I didn't notice Traylor at end, as I belive he spent most (if not all) of his time at the nose.  In the first half, the base D-line seemed to feature Seymour at RE, Warren at LE, and Traylor and Wilfork splitting time at the nose.  In the second half, the Pats played a bit more 4-3, with both Wilfork and Traylor inside, and Seymour and Warren at the ends.

Interestingly, when the Pats went to a 3-4 in the second half, Wilfork saw a good deal of time at LE (perhaps this is what you were thinking of when you mentioned Trayloy at end).  Wilfork also played LE in the final preseason game against Jacksonville, and looked solid in doing so.

As for the 3 DTs comment, while all four of the Pats starting/rotating DL (Seymour, Warren, Traylor, Wilfork) are considered DTs in a conventional 4-3, Seymour and Warren are prototypical 3-4 ends (although can play the nose fairly well), and Wilfork seems able to as well.  In addition, Jarvis Green, who many would consider too small to play DT even in a 4-3, sees time at nose in the Pats' system (usually on 3rd downs).  I would say that the traditional DT/DE titles probably do not fit well on the Pats' DL, as they are rotated and switched and used at multiple positions at any given time.

I would expect the Pats' three main DL looks to be:

Seymour - Traylor/Wilfork - Warren (3-4)

Seymour - Traylor - Wilfork - Warren (4-3)

Seymour - Traylor - Wilfork (3-4)

With various substitutions for sub-packages, obviously.  But yes, I see the DL scheme used against Indy as more a base formation that will be used all year long than as a situational thing.

32469[/snapback]

We've got an interesting opening 3 games against 3 of the 4 best quality interior DLines in the NFL: opener against JAX with Stroud and Henderson, this week against the rotation of Ted Washington, Warren Saap and John Parella, and then the line Belichick has built. It would be a very good sign from my seat for the balance of the season if we are able to run for over 100 yards (as we did against the Jags) for the other two games. Our OLine play is on the other side of the spectrum from the past three years when we were basically playing one on one football along the line. It's been years since I've seen as many of our line players pulling outside the opposite tackle, throwing cross body run blocks and just generally staying very active instead of trying to simply beat the guy opposite them. If the kid at LG can get his footwork in space together we might just become the kind of team that is able to put a lot of 36 and 38 minute TOP games together, and it's my opinion that the kind of running back to feature in that is a guy who is patient waiting for his blocks while being able to hold onto the football. The good news for us is it appears we have a guy who meets that description on our roster ;-)

This thread is too polarized. Allow me to be the voice of reason.

- Brady WAS mediocre at best in 2001, and DID benefit from incredible luck. A total of ONE offensive TD in THREE playoff games including a gift from the refs in the first one that would've put his career postseason record at 0-1. Special teams, defense, and Bledsoe accounted for 4 out of 5 TD's against the Steelers & Rams. Ty Law was the MVP because his int turned the game around.

- Ever since then, the guy has been a damn good QB. He responded to fame & fortune in 2002 much better than I thought he would by leading the league in TD passes with a mediocre supporting cast. Say what you want about the Colts game, but SB QB's are rarely at their best for all 3 playoff games. He was efficient and brilliant in the clutch in the other 2 against two tough defenses in Tennessee & Carolina.

This thread is too polarized.  Allow me to be the voice of reason.

- Brady WAS mediocre at best in 2001, and DID benefit from incredible luck.  A total of ONE offensive TD in THREE playoff games including a gift from the refs in the first one that would've put his career postseason record at 0-1.  Special teams, defense, and Bledsoe accounted for 4 out of 5 TD's against the Steelers & Rams.  Ty Law was the MVP because his int turned the game around.

- Ever since then, the guy has been a damn good QB.  He responded to fame & fortune in 2002 much better than I thought he would by leading the league in TD passes with a mediocre supporting cast.  Say what you want about the Colts game, but SB QB's are rarely at their best for all 3 playoff games.  He was efficient and brilliant in the clutch in the other 2 against two tough defenses in Tennessee & Carolina.

32596[/snapback]

Brady did what he had to do, but to think he did it all, or mostly, is preposterous. Without his defense's performances in all 3 playoff games last season, the Pats don't win, period, because it's not like they won any game in blowout fashion. Had Kelly had the defense the Pats do, they would have won all 4 SB's, and if they had Vinatieri, they would have won the 1st SB. And look no further than the 2002 season for the Pats to show how much that team relies on defense, and not Tom Brady. Despite leading the NFL in TD passes, they didn't even make the playoffs, thanks to a weak defense. It doesn't get any simpler than that.