Alabama

Bill from NYC

• 3 weeks later...

Sure!!!

Beat the tar out of #5 Florida today 31-3

Linebacker Demarco Ryans 1st round for sure, QB Brodie Croyle stock is rising fast.

There OL has four new starters. They are getting better each week. Kept Florida's imposing DL in check today. DL is loaded with fast young aggressive players.

Receiving corp is young and extremely talented. Lost the fabulous Tyrone Prothro with a broken leg or ankle today.

Coach Mike Shula has them heading in the right direction.

Sure!!!

Beat the tar out of #5 Florida today 31-3

Linebacker Demarco Ryans 1st round for sure, QB Brodie Croyle stock is rising fast.

There OL has four new starters. They are getting better each week. Kept Florida's imposing DL in check today. DL is loaded with fast young aggressive players.

Receiving corp is young and extremely talented. Lost the fabulous Tyrone Prothro with a broken leg or ankle today.

Coach Mike Shula has them heading in the right direction.

460689[/snapback]

Ryans is very tough. I thought he was their top LB even last year, when they had Wortham in the LB corps also. Roach is pretty solid as well.

Prothro's injury is a major setback. Too bad; he was tearing up Florida.

The guy I like is Kenneth Darby. He has really looked good running the ball, breaking tackles and showing the burst to make big plays out of small ones.

Shula is okay, but the guy who has really turned things around for 'Bama is Joe Kines, the defensive coordinator. It's been through the resurgent D that the Tide has made their comeback.

The Tyrone Prothro injury was one of the most brutal injuries I've ever seen. It was like a cross between Joe Thiesman and Willis during the 2002 NC.

460717[/snapback]

Never saw it; missed the game and the highlights I saw didn't reference the injury. Any video or pic links?

Never saw it; missed the game and the highlights I saw didn't reference the injury.  Any video or pic links?

467467[/snapback]

I have all but the first 3 minutes of the game on tape. I have the game from Prothro's big TD catch all the way until the end.

• 2 weeks later...
I have all but the first 3 minutes of the game on tape.  I have the game from Prothro's big TD catch all the way until the end.

468023[/snapback]

Did you see the Ole Miss game?

I know that Bama was lucky to squeak out a win, but Miss. looked better than their record imo.

I liked their qb and rb (Miko), and that DT of theirs looks like pro material. Is he slated to go early?

Guest Guest_gmac17_*

i was just reading about the fulmer / NCAA investigation - that is some good stuff. Can't imagine how much the bama fans hate him...

i was just reading about the fulmer / NCAA investigation - that is some good stuff. Can't imagine how much the bama fans hate him...

482634[/snapback]

[/quote

Tennessee's day of reckoning is coming. Our hate of "Fat Phil" rivals my distdain for the Dolphins.

482634[/snapback]

[/quote

Tennessee's day of reckoning is coming. Our hate of "Fat Phil" rivals my distdain for the Dolphins.

482808[/snapback]

Another Bama win!!!!!

What happened with Fulmer?

The Tide/Vols game last Saturday was one heck of a game!  Croyle's long pass @ the end of the game was clutch, kinda like the 4th and 9 completion Leinart had against 'that school' the week before.

484809[/snapback]

For what it's worth. Croyle was ranked 3rd in the NY Post as a college qb. I have not seen enough to agree nor disagree.

For even less of what it's worth, he reminds me a ton of Losman. I don't yet know if that is good or bad. ;)

482634[/snapback]

[/quote

482808[/snapback]

Fat Phil's day of reckoning may have arrived. Losing to South Carolina at home may be his Waterloo. I'm loving every minute of this. Go Bills and Roll Tide!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.