[OT] World's Strongest Beer

A German brewer has concocted what he says is the world's strongest beer, a potent drink with an alcohol content of 25.4 percent that is served in a shot glass.

"Everyone who has tried it is enthusiastic. It tastes like a quirky mixture of beer and sherry," said Bavarian brewer Harald Schneider.

If you drinking is out of a shot glass, it ain't beer. Sounds like a chick shot to me.

If you drinking is out of a shot glass, it ain't beer. Sounds like a chick shot to me.

439099[/snapback]

exactly.

im still waiting for that new higher alcohol content to show up here in NC. (just passed a new law increasing the % allowed). but i still cant find any.

I can't drink beer!  Can't have anything with; wheat, oats, barley or rye.

Guess I'll have to stick to 151 Rum. :devil:

439097[/snapback]

Not sure if the reason is because of Celiac disease, but if it is then you should check out Bard's Tale beer, a gluten free beer brewed with sorghum. I have tried it myself and it's pretty darn good.

exactly.

im still waiting for that new higher alcohol content to show up here in NC. (just passed a new law increasing the % allowed). but i still cant find any.

439102[/snapback]

Where in NC are you? It's everywhere man! Those beers started showing up on shelves within days of the governor signing it into law.

Not sure if the reason is because of Celiac disease, but if it is then you should check out Bard's Tale beer, a gluten free beer brewed with sorghum. I have tried it myself and it's pretty darn good.

439132[/snapback]

Beware when buying Bard's Tale. I bought a six pack for a friend who has Celiac. It was a very hot day and the store (also very hot) had it out on the shelves and not in the cooler. About 15 minutes after buying it, a bottle spontaneously exploded... yes...exploded in the car. I put the six pack in the trunk and another exploded about three minutes later. The rest simply turned to fizz when we tried to drink them.

We e-mailed the company to ask why this happened but still don't have an answer yet. I think it should prob. because it wasn't kept refrigerated. So if you do buy it, try getting it from the cooler case.

If you live in eastern NY, or the Metro NY/NJ area, you can also buy gluten free beer from Ramapo Valley Brewery http://www.ramapovalleybrewery.com/

Its pretty good.