Anyone scared of Atlanta?

PromoTheRobot

I know we have the Bucs next but watching the Falcons beat the Eagles just now, I can't say I'm real impressed.  Looks a lot like playground football, no discipline.  Same for the Beagles.

PTR

438595[/snapback]

We just need to double cover Crumpler in 3rd down passing situations all nite and we'll be fine.

Vick will make some plays, but IMO he is the most over hyped player in the NFL. He still can't make throws unless he has scrambled for so long coverage breakdown, and for the 5-6 spectacular plays he makes a game he makes just as many horrible ones.

The Bills will fly around, utilize their team speed, and make Vick look like he usually does against top defenses, BAD.

So I'm not worried about Vick, but I would be worried about Atlanta’s defense. They have been a sack machine the last couple years and looked stellar against the Eagle offense. This week JP and the offense will get a look at a great D, that should help our chances against Atlanta.

438601[/snapback]

He dropped back in the pocket and effortlessly threw one of the most beautiful passes I have seen in a long time - I believe it scored one of their touchdowns. That guy can flat out PLAY - I would NOT take him lightly.

I thought we were playing the Buccaneers?

BTW, if we lose to the Bucs I think momentum comes to a screaching halt and they'll stand a good chance of losing to the Falcons. They're a better team than us right now. Atlanta's a proven established team, we aren't.

439185[/snapback]

They had what, 11 wins in the NFC last year? They played a good game last night, and Buffalo certainly isn't going to overlook them. If Buffalo can force vick to throw the ball, they aren't going to overwhelm the Buffalo D. That being said, lets take care of Tampa first.

He dropped back in the pocket and effortlessly threw one of the most beautiful passes I have seen in a long time - I believe it scored one of their touchdowns.  That guy can flat out PLAY - I would NOT take him lightly.

439193[/snapback]

Then proceeded to overthrow just about every receiver by 10 yards if he didn't roll out. Vick turns into a below average QB when you keep him in the pocket, statistics have proved that since he came in the league. Defenses with speed like Tampa’s have kept him in the pocket; they also usually force 2 or 3 turnovers against Vick.

He will make some spectacular plays, but he will also fumble once or twice, throw a pick, and take to many sacks. Buffalo will shut him down.

I'm worried because we never faced the guy before or a real running QB for that matter yet.

I remember McNabb a couple of years back at the Ralph and we weren't very effective against him or that offense. You could make the case that our defense wasn't that great yet but he was not either a running QB by that time, but I remember him hurting us with some scrambles

With our defense that sometimes tend to overpursuit plays it could be ugly. You have to be very diciplined on defense to stop Vick.

Other reason for concern is Crumpler. We don't fare well against good TEs. We always surrender big chuncks of yard in the middle of the field by opposing TEs. London while a wonderful player is not that great covering athletic TEs. (NE will be tough to stop with Graham and Watson)

Their zone blocking is good as was evindent against a good Eagles D, though that's the least of my concerns.

On offense we will have to be very patient and exploit Brooking's lack of speed and reaction. He looked slow trying to defende Westbrook last night.

Either way it will be an exciting game. It won't be easy but on any given Sunday...

• 2 weeks later...