Why was Chris V playing on ST?

seq004

I don't know if this question was asked on a previous thread if so sorry but if Chris V had to come out due to his injury why was he playing on ST? Did anyone else notice that?

437371[/snapback]

I heard his name called on one play and assumed that the announcers got the wrong number. Was he in on ST?

It was a mis-call.  I looked the play up on NFL.com just after it happened.  Stamer had the tackle.  Their numbers are off by one...

437377[/snapback]

OK, I have the game taped so I'll go back and take a second look. Thanks and let me just say what a great day it is for the Bills!

I don't know if this question was asked on a previous thread if so sorry but if Chris V had to come out due to his injury why was he playing on ST? Did anyone else notice that?

Why not? ST is no less important than playing OL. THat's the difference between good teams and great teams. The great teams place an extremely high premium on ST play.

Already stated elsewhere that it was stamer, and they made a mistake with the number announcement...someone posted the official score for that play, and it was stamer, NOT villarial...

437549[/snapback]

I just watched the replay on my Tivo, and Villarial was NOT on the play. I stand corrected :doh: The Guy I saw that I thought was Chris V on the replay turned out to be 53, not 58.

So all you guys out there, you can relax....