Rate my team.....

Buftex

Just finished my draft. We expanded from a 10 man leauge, to a 12 man leauge this year. It makes a huge difference. After the 6th round, I felt like I was really scratching for picks. I won the whole thing last year, but this year, I feel like I have more guys with "fantasy potential" than proven guys.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and one team Defense/special teams. My team, projected starters (*):

QB's: Carson Palmer*

Byron Leftwhich

RB's: Willis McGahee (#7 overall!)*

Kevin Jones (Lions)*

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

LaBrandon Toefield

Najia Davenport

Frank Gore

WR's: Marvin Harrison*

Larry Fitzgerald*

Keenan McCardle

Tyrone Calico

Kevin Curtis

TE: Bubba Franks*

Jeb Putzier

Kicker: Mike Nugent*

Def/ST: Buffalo Bills (7th round, 2nd defense picked)*

Just finished my draft.  We expanded from a 10 man leauge, to a 12 man leauge this year. It makes a huge difference.  After the 6th round, I felt like I was really scratching for picks. I won the whole thing last year, but this year, I feel like I have more guys with "fantasy potential" than proven guys. 

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and one team Defense/special teams.  My team, projected starters (*):

QB's:    Carson Palmer*

Byron Leftwhich

RB's:    Willis McGahee (#7 overall!)*

Kevin Jones (Lions)*

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

LaBrandon Toefield

Najia Davenport

Frank Gore

WR's:  Marvin Harrison*

Larry Fitzgerald*

Keenan McCardle

Tyrone Calico

Kevin Curtis

TE:      Bubba Franks*

Jeb Putzier

Kicker:  Mike Nugent*

Def/ST:  Buffalo Bills (7th round, 2nd defense picked)*

429309[/snapback]

Some very nice pickups!

Palmer should have a good fantasy year.

Im not crazy about your RBs after Willis and Jones.

Harrison is always a good point-getter.

Bubba is a fav target of Favre

The Buffalo D is another great pickup,of course! :huh:

Some very nice pickups!

Palmer should have a good fantasy year.

Im not crazy about your RBs after Willis and Jones.

Harrison is always a good point-getter.

Bubba is a fav target of Favre

The Buffalo D is another great pickup,of course!  :huh:

429459[/snapback]

Yeah, I can live with most of my starters, but I don't like my back-ups too much, at any position.

I am just going to scower the waiver wires every week, for running backs. Inevitably, somebody releases somebody they shouldn't have, or some previous nobody, emerges as a starter. All the pre-season fantasy mags kept saying that this year, there was so much running back depth, that picking running backs in the first two rounds was not as vital as in previous years. I picked Willis at #7 (the 6th runnig back taken), and really wanted to pick up a QB in the second round. However, that went out the door, when I got to the 19th pick in round 2, and Kevin Jones seemed like the only really solid running back left. Then in the third round, everyone ahead of me started taking QB's, but all seemed to be avoiding Favre. When it came to my pick, only one person beside me (a Vikings fanatic) had not picked a starting QB. Favre, and few other names were still out there, so I took Marvin Harrison (the only elite receiver left), and gambled that Favre would still be there next round. I lost the gamble, and the pick right before mine, the Vikings fanatic snagged Favre. So, I had to take Palmer. I like Palmers' potential, but I have learned to preferr guys who have "done it", rather than guys who "might do it!"

Oh well, it should be interesting....thanks for the input!

Yeah, I can live with most of my starters, but I don't like my back-ups too much, at any position.

I am just going to scower the waiver wires every week, for running backs.  Inevitably, somebody releases somebody they shouldn't have, or some previous nobody, emerges as a starter.  All the pre-season fantasy mags kept saying that this year, there was so much running back depth, that picking running backs in the first two rounds was not as vital as in previous years.  I picked Willis at #7 (the 6th runnig back taken), and really wanted to pick up a QB in the second round.  However, that went out the door, when I got to the 19th pick in round 2, and Kevin Jones seemed like the only really solid running back left.  Then in the third round, everyone ahead of me started taking QB's, but all seemed to be avoiding Favre.  When it came to my pick, only one person beside me (a Vikings fanatic) had not picked a starting QB.  Favre, and few other names were still out there, so I took Marvin Harrison (the only elite receiver left), and gambled that Favre would still be there next round.  I lost the gamble, and the pick right before mine, the Vikings fanatic snagged Favre.  So, I had to take Palmer.  I like Palmers' potential, but I have learned to preferr guys who have "done it", rather than guys who "might do it!"

Oh well, it should be interesting....thanks for the input!

429602[/snapback]

Pretty good draft, I like your starting lineup a lot. I also think Palmer will be good this year. And Carnell Williams could be a great asset later in the year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.