For the curious, the NRP

Any situation requires on the spot decision-making. That's where experience comes through. I was installing a pond and waterfall this summer and it would usually require 2-3 big decisions per day. I have a background in construction from my college summers, so most of the time I was sure of what would work, sometimes I was only pretty confident. Needed to go back and change a couple of small things along the way. But that's how life goes. You do the best you can with what you've got.

I tried hard not to but I may have seemed like an ass in a couple of my posts yesterday for the people who stayed behind and those who established a city in a place with geography like that in the first place, and I'm sorry; I was venting a little, but I think that only comes from being able to see so much destruction and not being able to be there and do something useful. My budget doesn't allow for any deviation right now, so it's doubly so. Thoughts and prayers are pretty much all that a lot of people have to offer.

that's nice...but disaster plans should be measured by their follow through in an actual disaster.  I think there are things about this disaster (heat, the waste etc in the water, and the nature of the place) that require some serious on the spot decisionmaking.

425234[/snapback]

And that is certainly happening.

National Response Plan

Some of the threads got me to noticing that many don't think there is any real mechanism for disasters like Katrina. This is the basic manual. All of the agencies that get involved have their own plans that support it.

425208[/snapback]

No, cant be. Its Bush's fault. He didnt act quick enough. :D

( Thanks for the link BiB )