What about the players that didn't play?

Matt in KC

Tory Woodbury didn't play. Does anyone still think he has a chance of making the team?

I was very surprised RaShard Lee did not play against the Bears. At first I thought this meant they were pretty sure to cut him. Then I thought of Shaud Williams who also did not get any carries, and yet I'm pretty sure he'll make the team. Maybe the playing time means Gates is on the bubble, though except for Lee's long KR against GB, I think Gates has looked better all preseason..

Joe Burns is not getting any time at RB. Do you think this means he's history? Or does this just mean he's a known quantity...?

DE 99-Uyi Osunde didn't play (ST only?) against the Bears. He looked better than Ritzmann in the GB Scrimmage, but I definitely think he's a gonner.

So, what do you think?

So, what do you think?

420955[/snapback]

i think we're d00med! d00med! D :D;) MED!!! i tell ya!

i also think with Burns and Shaud, that the coaches already know what they have in them and are using the preseason to gauge the other RB candidates.

as far as the others who played and did not play, its possible the staff wants to see if a player is capable of playing a prolonged period in a game rather than showing flashes of greatness on 2 series and sitting the rest of the game and watching his competitor flash greatness for 2 series and sitting the rest of the game while camp fodder eats up the clock

The only one in that group that we keep is Shaud.  I think the rest get cut.

420972[/snapback]

You think that Lee, Gates and Burns all get cut??

I hope Osunde makes the PS. He's very strong, fast and intelligent.

420974[/snapback]

Me too. Did you read an article about him? I know nothing about him except the play I've seen from him in PS, which was enough that I'd love to see how he looks after a year on the practice squad.