Is this a realistic draft?

JPL7

I have a draft coming up September 6th and have been trying to have a rough outline of what my team could look like. Our league is an 8 team, 14 round draft. Here is what I have came up with for my team, given my draft selections:

Round(No.Overall)Player

1 (6) Willis McGahee(RB)

2 (11) Marvin Harrison (WR)

3 (22) Ahman Green (RB)

4 (27) Antonio Gates (TE)

4 (32) Mike Vick (QB)

5 (33) Nate Burelson (WR)

5 (38) Kerry Collins (QB)

7 (54) Baltimore(Def)(If Balts. not avaliable, I'll take Curtis Martin)

9 (70) (If Baltimore was already selected at 54) Buffalo (Def)

10 (75)Larry Fitzgerald (Plaxico Burress if Fitz is NOT avaliable)

11 (86) Best Kicker left on the board, I'm guessing Akers

12 (91) Cincy (Def)

13 (102) LJ Smith (TE)

14 (112) Rian Lindell (K)

Starting Lineup:

QB Collins

RB McGahee

RB Green

WR Harrison

WR Burelson

TE Gates

K Akers

DEF Baltimore or Buffalo

Bench: Vick, Fitz or Burress, Martin, Smith, Lindell, Cincy Def

So what do you guys think? Is this realistic and who do u think will be left later then i had or earlier, etc? Thanks in advance

A. Green will not be availiable

418871[/snapback]

Exactly. Plus you've only planned to draft 2 RBs. Big mistake.

Oh wait, I just re-read that. Curtis Martin in the 7th round??? He lead the league in rushing last year you know. Your last chance at him will be the 2d round.

Yes, i think its reasonable...with a couple exceptions...But I dont think its optimal by any means.

1 (6) Willis McGahee(RB) - Fine. Might be better available, but McGahee is okay with this pick.

2 (11) Marvin Harrison (WR) -Too Early. Take another RB.

3 (22) Ahman Green (RB) - Probably about 5 picks too late.

4 (27) Antonio Gates (TE) - Probably reasonable. MIGHT be able to wait until #32.

4 (32) Mike Vick (QB) - About 3 rounds too early.

5 (33) Nate Burelson (WR) - Probably about right...maybe a tad early. Reasonable.

5 (38) Kerry Collins (QB) - Might still be early, even here.

7 (54) Baltimore(Def)(If Balts. not avaliable, I'll take Curtis Martin) - No way. Mark my words...NO WAY Martin is here. I hate taking D early...but if you want to, Balt is an okay pick here...might want to wait a selection or 2 though.

9 (70) (If Baltimore was already selected at 54) Buffalo (Def) -Balt is the only D worth taking before round 12.

10 (75)Larry Fitzgerald (Plaxico Burress if Fitz is NOT avaliable) - Probably too late for fitz, slightly early for Burress...But he will be okay.

11 (86) Best Kicker left on the board, I'm guessing Akers - Picked a kicker 3 rounds too early.

12 (91) Cincy (Def) - 3 Defenses? Never. One D is all you need. Wait until the bye then deal with it.

13 (102) LJ Smith (TE) - Eh...If he is there good pick.

14 (112) Rian Lindell (K) - NEVER draft 2 kickers. Its a waste. Deal with it when the time comes...and Lindell? Come on! Need to separate home team excitement from reality of fantasy football. (did i just say reality of fantasy football???)

I think if you played it like this, you would lose Ahman Green and Curtis Martin. Possibly LJ Smith and Fitzgerald. Other than that, you should be able to assemble this team. But there is NO REASON to have 3 Defenses and 2 kickers. That is just insane.

Oh, and 2 bandwagons you need to jump off of. 1) Micheal Vicks' and 2) The Buffalo Bills' (at least when it comes to fantasy sports).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.