Film review of Green Bay game

Simon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought McFarland was looking good? :rolleyes:

Oh and I re-checked NFL.com, and on that busted pump-fake RB draw play that Lee and JP screwed-up, JP ran for 15 yards.  Not a bad screwup, although I don't recall if that was the play where the defender horse-collared him.  I think the first throwaway was on that 13 second play, which had nothing to do with the play above.

416684[/snapback]

To tell you the truth I didn't even notice McFarland in the Packers game. I might have to take another look as I haven't seen him since last year when I thought he had a little too much "Lurch" in him to play OT in this league.

As for the busted RLee draw, I thought that was the play where he very quickly turned around as soon as he realized the play was broken and threw a very nice block while JP squirted out and ran for a nice gain. That was one of the reasons I gave him a nod in the original post.

Cya

To tell you the truth I didn't even notice McFarland in the Packers game. I might have to take another look as I haven't seen him since last year when I thought he had a little too much "Lurch" in him to play OT in this league.

I heard he was doing well in practice. Haven't heard much about him since then.

As for the busted RLee draw, I thought that was the play where he very quickly turned around as soon as he realized the play was broken and threw a very nice block while JP squirted out and ran for a nice gain. That was one of the reasons I gave him a nod in the original post.

Yeah, that WAS the play. I remembered it wrong. :rolleyes: So even though I thought Lee screwed up, he atoned for it.

In my opinion, Gandy has played better so far this preseason. 

416219[/snapback]

While he's active in Pass Pro he's got a god-awful slide, and it's more excruciting to watch in replacement of the smooth feet of Jonas, but at the same time he's a willing and mostly competent run blocker who gets surprisingly out in front of plays and makes contact- something Jenning sucked at. In our scheme I think he's got a good chance to end up the season as more valuable to our team than Jonas would have been, regardless of the cap implications.

When I look at the tape again I will keep an eye out for Rodgers making Posey look like Eddie Robinson as this is the most measurable indictment you make which is not just a complaint that this pro is observed by an amateur turning the wrong way but fortunately no one scored or got a big gain due to the Posey faux pas.

415002[/snapback]

If TBD posters had a training camp, I'd be flagging you all over the place for flagrant use of run-on sentences. I'd have to send the turk over to pay you a visit on the first cut-down.

While he's active in Pass Pro he's got a god-awful slide, and it's more excruciting to watch in replacement of the smooth feet of Jonas, but at the same time he's a willing and mostly competent run blocker who gets surprisingly out in front of plays and makes contact- something Jenning sucked at. In our scheme I think he's got a good chance to end up the season as more valuable to our team than Jonas would have been, regardless of the cap implications.

416986[/snapback]

The important thing Gandy can do far better than Jonas is to remain healthy and be able to start every game this season and finish every game he starts.

This important in comparison to Jonas because in addition to the 2 games he could answer the call. there were at least 2 games he left early with significant time left once because of a concussion and another I believe due to a shoulder injury.

I for one thanked gosh for Price because Jonas was so fragile even though when he played he was pretty good (except for the occaisional game like the one where the Jets Abrahams fo a couple of sacks and ripped him a new one). I was certainly glad when TD refused to pay him out of our cap money that should be spent on guys that have an injury that costs him PT in a quarter of his games and I laughed when I saw what SF overpaid for him. I merely shook my head when a pre-season injury already forced him to miss some time.

Gandy remaining healthy is critical since we do not have a back-up at LT like Price who was a great replacement for JJ when he went down so often. Given that Plan B on he depth chart is Peters with no LT starts and less than a full year at this position entrusted to guard JPs backside and journeyman Jermain at Plan C, it appear the best plan may be moving Teague to LT if necessary and the tremors this will cause on the OL as our back-up LG moves to C may be really bad but is probably better than our big investment getting blindsided.