Pats pick up Andre' Davis

Thailog80

This one provides hours of entertainment if you're able to find 4 Patsy fans whose parents will let them out to play:

It's called:

Find The Deep Threat Quarterback

Your options are:

Dante Culpepper

Donovan McNabb

Tom Brady

Go!

SORRY PATSY- WRONG AGAIN!!!!!

Those crazy Pat's fans can play for DAYS without ever getting the correct answer!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you to say about "long baller" Culpepper throwing only one more deep pass than Brady in '04, and completing the same amount?

And what have you to say about your claim that true "long ballers" throw 6 long passes per game (over 16 games, that's 96 per season), when the NFL leader had only 25 (1.6 per game), and when the top 5 averged just 18 (1.1 per game)?

418222[/snapback]

I'm sorry, your post doesn't specify a single game in which you'd like to show us how ol' "Long Ball Brady' aired it out in the regular season!

But we're anxious for your answer!

Tick......Tick......Tick.....Tick......Tick......Tick.....Tick......Tick......Tick.....

This one provides hours of entertainment if you're able to find 4 Patsy fans whose parents will let them out to play:

It's called:

Find The Deep Threat Quarterback

Your options are:

Dante Culpepper

Donovan McNabb

Tom Brady

Go!

Based on ATBNG's stats, all of them were top 4 in the NFL in terms of passes attempted over 40 yards, passes completed over 40 yards, and completion percentage on passes over 40 yards.

So they're all deep threat QBs, obviously.

I'm sorry, your post doesn't specify a single game in which you'd like to show us how ol' "Long Ball Brady' aired it out in the regular season!

But we're anxious for your answer!

Tick......Tick......Tick.....Tick......Tick......Tick.....Tick......Tick......Tick.....

He apparently "aired it out" 40+ yards 16 times during the regular season. If you want to know the games in which these passes were thrown, look through game logs yourself. You seem to have a lot of free time on your hands, if you can afford to waste so much of your day trolling an internet message board with obvious falsehoods.

He apparently "aired it out" 40+ yards 16 times during the regular season.  If you want to know the games in which these passes were thrown, look through game logs yourself.  You seem to have a lot of free time on your hands, if you can afford to waste so much of your day trolling an internet message board with obvious falsehoods.

418271[/snapback]

Aren't you the guy who made that original Bonehead claim about "Long Ball Brady?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH--HOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHO---HAHAHAHHAAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they're all deep threat QBs, obviously.

418264[/snapback]

With "varying" degrees of effectiveness as your buddies stats prove ;-)

Is the word "dolt" used much in your house?

Aren't you the guy who made that original Bonehead claim about "Long Ball Brady?"

Yes, which was backed up by a number of statistics, the most recently posted of which states that Brady was in the top 4 in attempted passes over 40 yards, completed passes over 40 yards, and completion percentage on passes over 40 yards.

Which proves that Brady is a frequent and consistent deep ball passer.

Understand yet?

Yes, which was backed up by a number of statistics,

418287[/snapback]

Yeah, like "Long Ball Brady's" 58 passer rating on passes over 20 yards!

gurgle......gurgle......gurgle........

Oh, I'm sorry- was that your hand? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should try watching the game of football every now and then. If you had you wouldn't even begin to argue that Brady is a "Long Ball" QB like your friend Hollywood Pinnochio.

Let's let the film tell the story- I'll drop the bar one more time and ask you to only produce ONE game in the 2004 Regular season where Brady tossed 4 passes that were in the air for 45+ yards. You can't do it because it never happened. That's, of course, because Brady is not a "Long Ball" QB.

418138[/snapback]

Brady didn't throw more than 4 +45 yard passes in any game last year, but naturally no one ever contended that he did. There may not have been a quarterback in the entire NFL that threw 4 or more passes over 45 yards in a single game last year. McNabb would be the most likely candidate because he had the most attempts - perhaps he did. But who cares? It's a meaningless measure you came up with based on this radically misconceived idea that there were actually "vertical" teams in the NFL that threw six 45+ yard passes per game, when the actual leading player in that regard last year threw 1.56 45+ yard passes per game. Who should be chiding who about watching the games here?

The statistics for a whole season are more relevant to a discussion on a player or players than cherrypicking statistics from one game.

Last year's completions and attempts on over 40 yard passes for Culpepper and Brady were very similar.

Culpepper 7-17

Brady 7-16

Of course, whenever you lack facts or are unable to grasp facts, you can go back to your convenient strawmen - the "film" ;) , the "try watching the games", the sadly lame vulgar insults, the pathetic closing one liners that end in an exclamation point, and now we can add "what might have happened in one game is more telling than what actually happened over the course of a season."

Like his placing in the top 5 in attempts, completions, and completion percentage on passes thrown over 40 yards.

418295[/snapback]

And don't forget his passer rating of 58- when that's compared with real Long Ball players we can see he's obviously not in their class. Well, anyone with a functioning mind can see that!

And don't forget his passer rating of 58- when that's compared with real Long Ball players we can see he's obviously not in their class. Well, anyone with a functioning mind can see that!

Could you show us the statistics that led you to that QB rating? I don't mean to doubt your credibility, but you've shown in this thread that you're a borderline sociopath, so I wouldn't put it past you to make a number up out of thin air.

The statistics for a whole season are more relevant to a discussion on a player or players than cherrypicking statistics from one game.

418299[/snapback]

"Long Ball Brady" It's your cross to bear- you picked it up and insisted it was true, I'm merely whipping the snot out of you two publicly confirming for any objective fans that the real "Long Ball" QBs in the league throw the ball very effectively over 20 yards and maintain their high passer ratings while the shrinking violets like Brady have ratings over 20 yards like, well- 58!

Could you show us the statistics that led you to that QB rating?  I don't mean to doubt your credibility, but you've shown in this thread that you're a borderline sociopath, so I wouldn't put it past you to make a number up out of thin air.

418309[/snapback]

Grip it- 58!

"Long Ball Brady" It's your corss to bear- you picked it up and insisted it was true, I'm merely whipping the snot out of you two publicly showing any objective fans that the real "Long Ball" QBs in the league throw the ball very effectively over 20 yards and maintain their high passer ratings while the shrinking violets like Brady have ratings over 20 yards like, well-  58!

I still have my doubts about the validity of that number, but might I ask why you're including all passes over 20 yards in a discussion about "long balls?" You earlier classified "long balls" as passes that travel over 45 yards in the air.

I still have my doubts about the validity of that number, but might I ask why you're including all passes over 20 yards in a discussion about "long balls?"  You earlier classified "long balls" as passes that travel over 45 yards in the air.

418315[/snapback]

"Long Ball Brady"- Mr. 58 on all his throws over 20 yards, a true contender for the Hollywood Donahoe "Long Ball" QB Hall of Fame!

Nice work- (Hey, did they finish Art Schlichter's bust in time for his induction?)