Monday Blues

sfladave

Well I certainly have the Monday blues!

There is a silver lining in this cloud. We did some good things:

1. 36 running plays vs 26 passing plays (even against a great run DEF we still stuck to smashmouth footbal, it didn't work, but we didn't get pass happy)

2. 3rd down conversions 7/14, not bad, I would like to see some improvement

3. Mooreman - 80 yd punt, nuf said

4. Penalties 7 for 78 yds, after what I saw in the preseason this was great.

5. 2 INTs even 1 by a safety!

6. Only 1 sack

7. Drew looked good, not outstanding, but good.

8. The defense looked great the whole game, until the last series, and in particular the last play. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: We only gave up 83 yds rushing and 142 yds passing.

Now if only:

1. Our kicker can get it together.

2. We can stop the fumbles.

3. We can avg. more than 2.6 yds a rush.

4. We can put together sustained drives. Think of how many 3 and outs our defense gave us.

5. Find a way to win, especially at home! <_<

Well I certainly have the Monday blues!

Now if only:

1. Our kicker can get it together.

2. We can stop the fumbles.

3. We can avg. more than 2.6 yds a rush.

4. We can put together sustained drives. Think of how many 3 and outs our defense gave us.

5. Find a way to win, especially at home! :angry:

28823[/snapback]

Avoid making mental mistakes....

1. CV's crucial holding call

2. Fletchers 5 yard penalty

3. Nate Clements should have batted the ball away instead of going for

the interception...It is a 4th down silly.

Something everyone is forgetting somehow: had we stopped that last drive, and managed to kill the clock, everyone here would be talking about what a good, manageable (albeit, ugly) game that was. Yes, they would point to lack of point production, but they would have looked at the overall positives.

The truth is, we didn't lose yesterday because of an old set of problems. We lost because of a new set of problems; problems we should be able to overcome as the season progresses.

Why hasn't anybody here said anything about Henry running the wrong way on at least two obvious plays causing major losses. The first was a screen, lineman go one way and wrongway Henry is all by himself, result loss of 8. Later on a handoff, hes not there and Bledsoe has to eat it for a big loss. After each play Bledsoe and the O-line looked at him like WTF. I don't care how hard he runs, if he can't block and is too stupid to know the plays he is of no help to this team. Plus I bet Willis would of scored if givin the ball twice at the goal line.