Thoughts on the state of the Bills

Simon

Yeah, he seems solid. But the Bills front office has just put together such a good roster that it's going to be really hard to make room for a guy who can't even get on the field. How many DB's can you afford to carry? Are you going to cut Jim Leonhard, or Eric King or Coy Wire to keep a guy who hasn't even been able to play?

It's a tough to make the club in the tub.....

I think the Bills carry their standard 5 DB's (last year Clements, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and Vincent before moving to FS) and 4 S's (Milloy, Reese, Wire, Baker). So Thomas should stick as the 5th DB. And maybe you sacrifice experience (Wire) for being a player (Leonhard).

One thing I noticed overall is that all of our DB's (except #27 dry.gif ) have really good form tackling technique and break on the ball well.

Agreed on that. It's cool to see them improve in front of your eyes too. Remember Nate's first couple years when he struggled mightily in the open field? Now he's an absolutely fearsome tackler.

I just feel so bad for Coy. He's a fellow Pennsyltuckian, seems like a good kid and has worked his ass off to get where he's at; and it's still not enough. I guess I'll just give him kudos for his determination in reaching a level he probably never should have.

So Thomas should stick as the 5th DB. And maybe you sacrifice experience (Wire) for being a player (Leonhard).

Yes he should, but he has to get on the field at some point, and probably soon. I don't know about Leonhard taking Wire's roster spot though. He looks a little undersized to line up at the strong; seems more suited to sitting back and reading the play and attacking the right hot spot. We've already got a couple guys who can play the Free and Leonhard needs to find another way to contribute. If it could be at Strong that would be ideal, but I'll have to see it before I believe it.

Cya