Bad Teams Find a Way to Lose

Anon Y. Mous

Part of the problem I think in this past offseason was the idea that a new coaching staff could revive a team that is unaware of playing a 60 minute game. The coaches are not on the field, and if a few stooges make critical errors at bad times, the coaching staff can't do much on that game day. Plenty of games last year that were there for the taking, but they ended up in the "L" column. Only one game this year so far, and the team has already kept last year's trend going.

This is a trend that has to be broken, or there will be more 6-10, 8-8 milquetoast seasons.

As I said above:

28600[/snapback]

So YOU'RE the author of this cliche! Hurry, get it trademarked and copyrighted! <_<

Look, I am pissed about the loss. I am mossed pissed about the boneheaded play of Fletcher and Clements.

BUT, I am optimistic for the following reasons:

- Bills have a new coaching staff with a new offensive system. It will probably be about week 4 when all the "kinks" are worked out. Considering this, the offense showed that is has potential. Did anyone see how the used formations? The Jags were downright confused on many - especially when Moulds went into motion and then moved away from the LOS and Henry hit a big Draw play. They use the reverse very well to limit backside pursuit and the play action was effective.

- Blesdoe and the short passing game will be very effective and high percentage. Did you see how many times drew stepped UP in the pocket? our OL is keeping them out of his face - which is critical for Drew's success!

- THe defense was great up until that horrendous last drive. Blame for the last drive was equal parts play calling and idiotic players. In that situation YOU NEVER ALLOW A CB TO BE PLACED ONE-ON-ONE WITH THEIR BEST WR! ALWAYS HAVE DEEP SAFETY HELP! This is correctable.

- THe pass rush was consistant - not many sacks but many hurries.

THus, I am reserving judgment until week four to allow this new coaching staff and system to settle. If we see after week four what we saw yesterday, then I will be the biggest critic on this board.

----------------

dumb people make up stupid cliches to generalize everything.

go copywright that one.

28656[/snapback]

Why do you choose to attack? Are you a masochist and enjoy cheering on losing teams? I am not attacking any fans of this team and I am certainly not attacking you because your parents are brother and sister.

Sometimes teams that have lost in the past (Buffalo was 6-10 last season and finished the season on a very disappointing note) need to learn how to win. It is a matter of gaining confidence and learning to take pride in execution. Buffalo has the talent. A key win could be all it takes for things to click and the team to start making a legitimate run.

Yes we outplayed and should have easily won this game.  But we made lots of stupid mistakes.

As I said above:

28597[/snapback]

Well that was the case yesterday. The Bills did find a way to lose. The question is though, can what went wrong be corrected.

Last year the whole offensisve philosophy was flawed. The only way to fix it was to remove those responsible for it.

Yesterday, it looked like the offensive philosophy was strong, but it was individual mistakes that cost the team.

Can Moulds stop fumbling? Will Henry continue to run the wrong way on plays? Will Clemments continue to call finesse plays that end up in lost yards or turnovers? Will Lindell continue to miss makeable kicks?

Honestly, the only thing I'm really worried about is Lindell. The other things will take care of themselves.

The loss yesterday was disappointing, but it looks like that the factors that caused the loss can be fixed. That wasn't the case last season.

I don't believe the Bills will be considered a "bad" team for long, but we'll see.

So YOU'RE the author of this cliche! Hurry, get it trademarked and copyrighted!  :angry:

Look, I am pissed about the loss. I am mossed pissed about the boneheaded play of Fletcher and Clements.

BUT, I am optimistic for the following reasons:

- Bills have a new coaching staff with a new offensive system. It will probably be about week 4 when all the "kinks" are worked out. Considering this, the offense showed that is has potential. Did anyone see how the used formations? The Jags were downright confused on many - especially when Moulds went into motion and then moved away from the LOS and Henry hit a big Draw play. They use the reverse very well to limit backside pursuit and the play action was effective.

- Blesdoe and the short passing game will be very effective and high percentage. Did you see how many times drew stepped UP in the pocket? our OL is keeping them out of his face - which is critical for Drew's success!

- THe defense was great up until that horrendous last drive. Blame for the last drive was equal parts play calling and idiotic players. In that situation YOU NEVER ALLOW A CB TO BE PLACED ONE-ON-ONE WITH THEIR BEST WR! ALWAYS HAVE DEEP SAFETY HELP! This is correctable.

- THe pass rush was consistant - not many sacks but many hurries.

THus, I am reserving judgment until week four to allow this new coaching staff and system to settle. If we see after week four what we saw yesterday, then I will be the biggest critic on this board.

28628[/snapback]

I agree with this completely.

I will continue to say this all week. We did not lose because of an old set of problems. We lost because of a NEW set of problems, that will likely be corrected as the season moves forward.

I agree with this completely.

I will continue to say this all week. We did not lose because of an old set of problems. We lost because of a NEW set of problems, that will likely be corrected as the season moves forward.

28862[/snapback]

thank you - I thought my opinions were being overlooked. I really see a lot of promise and the errors we saw are correctable.