Ticketmaster ridiculous charges

Chilly

I know ticketmaster is crazy about charges, but I was looking into buying Bills tickets online and noitced their shipping charges.

They don't charge anything for standard US mail shipping, but they charge you $1.75 for EMAILING YOU the tickets!??!?!?!?

What the hell?

I know ticketmaster is crazy about charges, but I was looking into buying Bills tickets online and noitced their shipping charges.

They don't charge anything for standard US mail shipping, but they charge you $1.75 for EMAILING YOU the tickets!??!?!?!?

What the hell?

405439[/snapback]

Class Action Suit

Blockbuster learned

Unfortunately I've had to take the main recourse available to you in a free market which is that I choose not to buy what they are selling. It means that I end up missing out on a lot of concerts and interesting art or entertainment, but such is life where the parameters are increasingly dictated by what one chooses to buy.

It will be interesting to see if many people seemingly making the same choice at the movie theatre due to constamt recycling of old art into bad movies (from the Dukes of Hazard to War of the Worlds in my opinion) and expensive ticket prices and popcorn will result in the production of new art or better pricing.

We'll see.

Unfortunately I've had to take the main recourse available to you in a free market which is that I choose not to buy what they are selling.  It means that I end up missing out on a lot of concerts and interesting art or entertainment, but such is life where the parameters are increasingly dictated by what one chooses to buy.

It will be interesting to see if many people seemingly making the same choice at the movie theatre due to constamt recycling of old art into bad movies (from the Dukes of Hazard to  War of the Worlds in my opinion) and expensive ticket prices and popcorn will result in the production of new art or better pricing.

We'll see.

405469[/snapback]

Yes, I have not bought R movie tickets for many years. Evidently to no effect but to myself. But as Popeye said. "That's all I can stand, I cant's stand no more".

I know I have to put up with a lot of garbage these days, but I refuse to pay for it.

A couple of flicks you might like are "Millions" and "Mad Hot Balloon". These are well-produced flicks that keep one interested and have story lines and good cinematography.

When you go to work tomorrow tell you employer you dont want a check and will work for free. Maybe then you'll have an arguement. Is ticketmaster supposed to offer their services for free?

405462[/snapback]

Right, because it costs $1.75 per order for them to maintain an email system to be able to email a ticket from. Its highway robbery,

Right, because it costs $1.75 per order for them to maintain an email system to be able to email a ticket from.  Its highway robbery,

405496[/snapback]

So please explain to us how easy it is to generate tickets with a smaller cost to the public? Are you lame? Should it be for free? Idiot............. :D

So please explain to us how easy it is to generate tickets with a smaller cost to the public? Are you lame? Should it be for free? Idiot............. :D

405498[/snapback]

Please explain to me why U.S. Mail is free then. Idiot..... :D

Yes, I have not bought R movie tickets for many years. Evidently to no effect but to myself. But as Popeye said. "That's all I can stand, I cant's stand no more".

I know I have to put up with a lot of garbage these days, but I refuse to pay for it.

A couple of flicks you might like are "Millions" and "Mad Hot Balloon". These are well-produced flicks that keep one interested and have story lines and good cinematography.

405490[/snapback]

Thanks for the movie advice though generally it is my lovely wife who controls the movie selection as she hates what she judges as wasting her time at what she dubs bad films (oddly enough she has chosen a boxing film "Million Dollar Baby" and a shoot 'em up the afore mentioned War of the Worlds as ourlast two excursions (spoilers below btw).

Aslo, oddly enough I didn't care for either (there were too many films going on in Baby and I wish they had just thoroughly explored the sweet science of boxing which I found fascinating to see in the limited detail of Clint teaching Swank but they instead gave too scant focus to the story of euthanasia, AND parenting and kids AND the seedy world of boxing promoters AND too many subplots used peripherally and thrown away like mentally challeneged kid who got beat up and when an athlete should quit. There were some need shots of folks getting vaporized in WofW but the Tim Robbins role was overly convenient nad over the top silly and it was just weird how in some scenes we needed crowds so there were lots of people simply hanging around and then moving closer to danger until it was time to run in terror and get fried or the focus was on 3 characters or so and suddenly the city streets are deserted.

It doesn't atand up at all to much thinking about it, but when one does remakes and you know pretty much what is going to happen one ends up thinking about the details or about Tom Cruise fancing on Oprah's couch and yelling about Ritalin.

The point here, is that they are not doing the consumer a service. Any fee that ticketmaster charges shoudl be to the venue/host of the event.

For example, the bills have a football game. They want to sell tickets. They choose not to do it themselves for whatever reason. They employ the services of an outside contractor (ticketmaster) to handle the sale of the tickets. The contractor then goes to the end user and says "we need to charge you for this convenience". Its ridiculous. The bills should be paying ticketmaster not the end user.

Now, i realize any fees the bills pay would be be reflected in higher ticket prices (and thus the same net outlay to the consumer), so the point might be moot, but it feels like you are being ripped off. The convienience is NOT to the consumer, but rather the venue hosting the event.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

By the way though, i worked for ticketmaster for a short period of time. Be nice to those operators on the phone...they get paid next to nothing (and know next to nothing). They have a very thankless job. Don't buy the magazine subsriptions they peddle (unless of course you want them), but do allow them to transfer you to the operator to get a free whatever it is they are giving away free. It is a gimic, but the operator gets a "bonus" for every person they refer. So do them a favor, and screw ticketmaster out some cash at the same time. You wont have to buy (or even do) anything after you get transfered. Just wait until someone picks up the transferred call...and hang up. Job done.

Thanks for the movie advice though generally it is my lovely wife who controls the movie selection as she hates what she judges as wasting her time at what she dubs bad films (oddly enough she has chosen a boxing film "Million Dollar Baby" and a shoot 'em up the afore mentioned War of the Worlds as ourlast two excursions (spoilers below btw).

Aslo, oddly enough I didn't care for either (there were too many films going on in Baby and I wish they had just thoroughly explored the sweet science of boxing which I found fascinating to see in the limited detail of Clint teaching Swank but they instead gave too scant focus to the story of euthanasia, AND parenting and kids AND the seedy world of boxing promoters AND too many subplots used peripherally and thrown away like mentally challeneged kid who got beat up and when an athlete should quit.  There were some need shots of folks getting vaporized in WofW but the Tim Robbins role was overly convenient nad over the top silly and it was just weird how in some scenes we needed crowds so there were lots of people simply hanging around and then moving closer to danger until it was time to run in terror and get fried or the focus was on 3 characters or so and suddenly the city streets are deserted.

It doesn't atand up at all to much thinking about it, but when one does remakes and you  know pretty much what is going to happen one ends up thinking about the details or about Tom Cruise fancing on Oprah's couch and yelling about Ritalin.

405504[/snapback]

Just to clarify, "Millions" is a brit flick about two youngsters with a deceased mom who get a bag tossed off of a train crashing into their cardbord fort, that contains a million pounds from a heist, and how they deal with it. The resulting story gives one pause.

So much for answering my question first. And I believe I asked first, Putz. :D

Returning a question with a question, lame...........

405508[/snapback]

I guess I overestimated you, as I figured you would see the point that I was making by asking a question. :D

You said:

So please explain to us how easy it is to generate tickets with a smaller cost to the public? Are you lame? Should it be for free? Idiot............. rolleyes.gif

Its much easier to generate tickets with a smaller cost to the public - don't overcharge the public. $1.75 per order to email you tickets is way over charging, especially when you compare it to the "free" U.S. mail version.

In the U.S. mail version, they have to spend extra money on:

- paper

- ink

- envelopes

- postage

- printers

In the email version, they have to spend extra money on:

- Adding an image to the confirmation receipt they already send out over email

Note that they are already sending out confirmations over email, but they just have to generate the tickets and attach them to that email message.

Charge for the U.S. mail version, and make the email version free. It would save a large majority of the public money (it costs 7cents/page to print out the tickets) and it would also save Ticketmaster money on the supply side.

However, Ticketmaster chooses instead to attempt to make a higher profit by charging $1.75 for the "convenience" of using emailed tickets, which means that they make a pretty penny doing that and they screw the consumer.

I guess I overestimated you, as I figured you would see the point that I was making by asking a question.  :D

You said:

Its much easier to generate tickets with a smaller cost to the public - don't overcharge the public.  $1.75 per order to email you tickets is way over charging, especially when you compare it to the "free" U.S. mail version.

In the U.S. mail version, they have to spend extra money on:

- paper

- ink

- envelopes

- postage

- printers

In the email version, they have to spend extra money on:

- Adding an image to the confirmation receipt they already send out over email

Note that they are already sending out confirmations over email, but they just have to generate the tickets and attach them to that email message.

Charge for the U.S. mail version, and make the email version free.  It would save a large majority of the public money (it costs 7cents/page to print out the tickets) and it would also save Ticketmaster money on the supply side.

However, Ticketmaster chooses instead to attempt to make a higher profit by charging $1.75 for the "convenience" of using emailed tickets, which means that they make a pretty penny doing that and they screw the consumer.

405516[/snapback]

I guess you overestimated yourself. So much for the stock holder. They're supposed to make a profit, not accommodate your ass. Did you bother to look up who Ticketmaster is a part of?

I thought not............

I guess you overestimated yourself. So much for the stock holder. They're supposed to make a profit, not accommodate your ass. Did you bother to look up who Ticketmaster is a part of?

I thought not............

405527[/snapback]

No sh-- they are supposed to make a profit.

Oh, and I'm supposed to look out for my own ass. Thats my job.

I wasn't bitching that they aren't supposed to make a profit. I was bitching that they are passing on ridiculous charges to the consumer that shouldn't be there and that I don't like it. Therefore, I won't be purchasing tickets from them (just like FFS) due to these fees and I'm complaining about it on a football board where other people, who are effected by these fees, will know in advance about them.

You asked me how they can lower the overall cost to the consumers. I told you.

Exactly how did I overestimate myself here?