Man dies after 50 hour videogame binge

EC-Bills

Interesting stuff. I remember I learned in one of my biopsychology classes that if you are sleep deprived enough, it eventually leads to death and heart failure. For some odd reason once you get past a certain time limit, your core body temp continues to rise until u get sleep. in addition to this, your metabolism accelerates so fast, you can't keep weight on. Eventually people become delusional, hear things etc. It's sick how somebody can do this to themselves

Interesting stuff.  I remember I learned in one of my biopsychology classes that if you are sleep deprived enough, it eventually leads to death and heart failure.  For some odd reason once you get past a certain time limit, your core body temp continues to rise until u get sleep.  in addition to this, your metabolism accelerates so fast, you can't keep weight on.  Eventually people become delusional, hear things etc.  It's sick how somebody can do this to themselves

403511[/snapback]

Well, this guy had to had taken some substance to keep himself up that long. But 50 hours many not be long enough to cause such effects tho. i know that i have been up that long for completing college work, and i didnt' keel over.

Well, this guy had to had taken some substance to keep himself up that long. But 50 hours many not be long enough to cause such effects tho. i know that i have been up that long for completing college work, and i didnt' keel over.

403518[/snapback]

Yeah, I've been up over 48 hours working before and I'm not dead either... Although driving home was an adventure. Everyone must've thought I was a little old lady driving 45 mph (the posted minimum) on the interstate.

CW

It is south korea, and everyone there is very weird, and plays video games all the time.

Asian countries are much different from America. My roommate is from Hong Kong. He told me he once spent $3500 american in an arcade one summer.

They have very different lifestyles... very weird lifestyles.

It is south korea, and everyone there is very weird, and plays video games all the time.

Asian countries are much different from America. My roommate is from Hong Kong. He told me he once spent $3500 american in an arcade one summer.

They have very different lifestyles... very weird lifestyles.

403539[/snapback]

The lifestyles of the weird...and rich. :(

I know if I spend more that an hour on my gamecube my wife is about ready to kill me. I haven't had the courage to push it to two hours. She recently gave my gamecube away to my sisters kids. I went out and bought a playstation in retaliation. Actually I kind of told her she could give it to them. I really wanted the Playstation.