Guys if Im being honest, JP looked average

Steve Young threw for 11 TD's and 21 INTs with a QB rating of 63 in his first 19 games...you actually think Losman, based on a scrimmage, will be worse than that?  :blink:

401102[/snapback]

He played for the cellar dwellers that were the Bucs. This year's Bills are most certainly not the Bucs!

:P

does not pull a Drew and turn the ball over at just the wrong time, the Bills will be more than fine this year.

401103[/snapback]

[/quote

Exactly. Drew sputtered along with his 76 QB rating and that looks fair in a statistical sort of way. Then factor in when he turned the ball over and the results are more like a 40.

BTW, I don't remember any stellar performances from Drew in pre-season, but those who mourn his loss have a new standard of excellence for his replacement.

Newly minted NFL QBs don't drop from the sky into instant stardom; those who are holding JP to that standard have another agenda in mind whether they can admit it to themselves or not.

You can't judge any player based on one scrimmage, or one preseason game, or four preseason games, or even his first sixteen regular season games for that matter.

The fact is, JP looked good out there. I think he will continue to develop and very well may have a really successful season.

I see no glaring weaknesses in his game, an a lot of upside. I believe he will be a star in this league.

Losman looked shakey at times, but I'm not in the least discouraged.  If he looks shakey at the end ot the month I might start getting a little nervous.

401432[/snapback]

I would agree here. To me he looked a little unsure as to when to throw the ball and when to tuck & run and the 1 ill advised pass would have resulted in 7 for GB but it was the 1st action of the year so I'll wait to see some more.

Newly minted NFL QBs don't drop from the sky into instant stardom; those who are holding JP to that standard have another agenda in mind whether they can admit it to themselves or not.

Ben R? Kurt Warner?

Heaven forbid someone give their opinion around here. :doh: Don't even have to predict doom and gloom, just say a player didn't look very good and you get jumped on.

CW

Dont start flipping out but as I watched the scrimmage again, I felt Jp was the worst out of our 4 QB's. He had no confidence or power in his throws at all. He did make a few nice plays but he just looked iffy out there like Kiper said. Losman I think is at least 1 year away from being a solid QB. You can count me in on the Holcomb band wagon who can get us in the playoffs.

Yes it was a scrimmage but now more then ever i feel Holcomb will be the opening day starter.

Also I love our 4th string QB...Losman should watch him a bit.

again, Im just being honest with what i saw.

401041[/snapback]

I strongly disagree

Also I love our 4th string QB...Losman should watch him a bit.

again, Im just being honest with what i saw.

401041[/snapback]

McGahee was terrible. He couldn't run anywhere. Tackled in the backfield on numerous occasions. He should watch Shaud Williams. I wouldn't mind seeing an open competition for starting RB. :doh:

Based on your logic, isn't that right Riddler, you doofus?

Personally I do think it's a bit early to start for Kelly Holcomb already. Matter of fact, I think JP could throw 10 int's in the preseason and come opening day, he'll still start under center. Bills brass has invested too much in him not to give him a chance.

In watching him briefly in the scrimmage, I don't think he looked bad at all. Maybe a bit inconsistent, but I love his mobility, and he did look poised in the pocket.

I think great things will happen for this kid this year, and I'll be rooting the whole way....

GO BILLS

Ben R?  Kurt Warner?

Heaven forbid someone give their opinion around here.  :D  Don't even have to predict doom and gloom, just say a player didn't look very good and you get jumped on.

CW

401954[/snapback]

Umm, if "not very good" and "terrible" are synonyms to you, you need a broader range... ;)

Umm, if "not very good" and "terrible" are synonyms to you, you need a broader range... :D

402252[/snapback]

Umm, if people would actually read the whole post...

Overall, he just looked below average at best.

CW