The Green Bay scrimmage sellout?

bbb

thanks - still impressive to have that many people for a scrimmage

400792[/snapback]

Obviously not much to do in GB on a Friday night when it's not snowmobiling season.

The Bills have some of the best fan support in the league, but no way does the Ralph sell-out a scrimmage.

I'm sure I'll get beat up for this.

Obviously not much to do in GB on a Friday night when it's not snowmobiling season. 

The Bills have some of the best fan support in the league, but no way does the Ralph sell-out a scrimmage. 

I'm sure I'll get beat up for this.

400806[/snapback]

Tickets were $8/seat and it was dubbed as "family fun night." They have one every year, although this is the first time a different team came.

One of the big draws is apparantly the "shirt off their back" drawing at the end of the scrimmage. There's also tons of giveaways during the game -- balls, jerseys, gift certificates, etc, not to mention the fireworks.

It's a lot of fun, and I bet the Bills actually WOULD sellout, especially if they hosted a different team. They sell a lot of tickets to the night practices, no?

CW

Tickets were $8/seat and it was dubbed as "family fun night."  They have one every year, although this is the first time a different team came.

One of the big draws is apparantly the "shirt off their back" drawing at the end of the scrimmage.  There's also tons of giveaways during the game -- balls, jerseys, gift certificates, etc, not to mention the fireworks.

It's a lot of fun, and I bet the Bills actually WOULD sellout, especially if they hosted a different team.  They sell a lot of tickets to the night practices, no?

CW

400823[/snapback]

Well yeah, but Fisher holds about 4,000, maybe they can squeeze 5,000. That's a far cry from 75,000.

If they had all the promos like GB, they probably would draw well. I believe last year Buffalo had a family night for one of the pre-season games, where kids got in for $8, I think, and that sold out. But there is a big difference between a scrimmage and a pre-season game.

Green Bay is able to get all these people to the scrimmage because of the season ticket situation over the decades. It is virtually impossible to see a game unless you have a season ticket, and it only holds 62,000. So this is the chance to actually get inside the legendary Lambeau Field to see a game for these families with kids when they will grow up never seeing a live game at home.

Green Bay is able to get all these people to the scrimmage because of the season ticket situation over the decades. It is virtually impossible to see a game unless you have a season ticket, and it only holds 62,000. So this is the chance to actually get inside the legendary Lambeau Field to see a game for these families with kids when they will grow up never seeing a live game at home.

400873[/snapback]

Tickets aren't quite that hard to get ahold of. Season tickets, yeah, but if you want to go to a game or two, it's not too bad. Pretty much everyone knows someone with season tickets that will sell 'em (that's how I got tickets to the Bills/Packers game a couple years back).

CW

Well yeah, but Fisher holds about 4,000, maybe they can squeeze 5,000.  That's a far cry from 75,000. 

If they had all the promos like GB, they probably would draw well.  I believe last year Buffalo had a family night for one of the pre-season games, where kids got in for $8, I think, and that sold out.  But there is a big difference between a scrimmage and a pre-season game.

400869[/snapback]

The last two years the Kids Day preseason games, what you alude to above, have sold out every time. There are a fair number of empty seats from season ticket holders who either decide not to go or try to scalp tickets for too much and get stuck with them. I am planning on picking up some myself from scalpers that Saturday when I get in town.