Cap Update 8/2

Thanks CP and thanks for clarifying the Nate possibility

It will be practically unprecendented if the Bills resign their own CB to a high salary Long term contract

Hopefully that WILL be the case since , IMO, Nate is a solid, shutdown, probowl CB

worth the extra bucks.

I think keeping Nate is the priority this season.  McGee has so much upside, it's unreal and I don't he's going to break the bank like Clements will.

396493[/snapback]

We'll probably have to consider extending Willis this season as well or he will become a hold out next year. I'd love to lock him up long term if it could be done.

I think you are correct that the Bills can create a lot of cap room which will allow them to have serious talks with Clements about extending.

However, if I am Nate Clements there is simply no way that I do not play the market unless I am really afraid of getting hurt.

The Bills would actually have to create even more cap room that the very large reasonable amounts that you have provided the nuts and bolts to show the Bills can make room. Again, I see no reason why Clements would possibly want to resign and avoid the free market unless the Bills were willing to offer me an unreasonably wondeful deal.

Clements has an unprecedented chance to score and score big by playing the free market. Unless someone has some tangible evidence that he is a wheeny so afraid that he will get hurt (no sign at all of this from a player who actually brings the advantage of arrogant confidence) and lose it all or that TD is in fact going to make him an unreasonable offer (no sign of that either) , i see no reason why he will sign a deal.

Bills need to have cap space clear next year so threats of tagging Clements are affective. If Clements is top 5 as he proclaims then he is worth tagging no matter how much Clements will not want to be tagged. Now if he will not sign a long term deal without having a back breaking contract then Bills need to choose between paying the salary or releasing him late in preseason after the big money dries out if he doesn't sign the offer. It is important that Bills prove that they are willing to play hard ball, like they did with Henry, for Rosen-ass will be looking for signs regarding Willis and other players he has under contract.