Seymour got a new contract

ch19079

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's only more money for this year. It will indeed be interesting to see if they try to sign seymour long term, cause of the 5 year 12-18 million dollar contract (based on incentives) that the pats recently signed seymours backup jarvis green too. I think they try to trade seymour after this season. Paying a backup that much money while Seymour/Ty Warren are the starters it will be interesting to see what Ne does with Seymour after this season.

it's only more money for this year.  It will indeed be interesting to see if they try to sign seymour long term, cause of the 5 year 12-18 million dollar contract (based on incentives) that the pats recently signed seymours backup jarvis green too.  I think they try to trade seymour after this season.  Paying a backup that much money while Seymour/Ty Warren are the starters it will be interesting to see what Ne does with Seymour after this season.

396037[/snapback]

I kind of agree. Green's deal definitely seems like full time starter money.

it's only more money for this year.  It will indeed be interesting to see if they try to sign seymour long term, cause of the 5 year 12-18 million dollar contract (based on incentives) that the pats recently signed seymours backup jarvis green too.  I think they try to trade seymour after this season.  Paying a backup that much money while Seymour/Ty Warren are the starters it will be interesting to see what Ne does with Seymour after this season.

396037[/snapback]

Seymour had the Pats bent over on this one. They are already down 3 defensive starters (Law, Bruschi, Johnson) and they couldn't afford a 4th, contrary to the prevailing belief in New England that Bill Billichick could win another Super Bowl with a team of Pop Warner kids. Seymour is definitely G-O-N-E after this year.

It will be curious how the rest of the team, especially the guys who took the fat pay cut to play for Team Perfect, responds to Seymour extorting real money from Bob Kraft's fat ring-studded fingers?

PTR

Seymour had the Pats bent over on this one.  They are already down 3 defensive starters (Law, Bruschi, Johnson) and they couldn't afford a 4th, contrary to the prevailing belief in New England that Bill Billichick could win another Super Bowl with a team of Pop Warner kids.  Seymour is definitely G-O-N-E after this year. 

396054[/snapback]

Why do people keep bringing up Ty Law like it is some big loss? He didn't play for over half the year!

How?  DL is the team's deepest unit by far, and they didn't miss a beat in the playoffs when he was out.

396064[/snapback]

So then why were they so anxious to sign him and get him back in camp? If they didnt miss a beat without him, you'd think they'd move on.

Why do people keep bringing up Ty Law like it is some big loss?  He didn't play for over half the year!

The same reason people talk about Roman Phifer, who is 37 and loast his job last year to a one-dimensional run stuffer, as if he's a big loss - some people will do almost anything to convince themselves that the Pats were ravaged this offseason, even though that's not the case at all.

Seymour's a great player, and all team's want great players participating in camp.

396287[/snapback]

Even though they proved in last year's playoffs that they could win without him?

Seems like with all that great DL talent, the Pats just wasted money on Seymour.

Seymour's a great player, and all team's want great players participating in camp.

396287[/snapback]

I just dont follow the logic.... The Pats with the "team mentality" gives in to a hold out, even though he wasn't missed when he was out and his eventual replacement is waiting in the wings with "starter money."

Hollywood, your argument isn't following the facts that are presented. It's obvious he was missed, and that the D unit needed him back to hold the integrity.

Hollywood, your argument isn't following the facts that are presented. It's obvious he was missed, and that the D unit needed him back to hold the integrity.

396292[/snapback]

The only thing that's obvious is that I'm not a member of the Patriots' front office staff, and that I don't have full knowledge of their motivations.

I'm just speculating like you all.

Doesn't mean they want to try and do it every week.

396300[/snapback]

Why not? If it saves salary cap room, that'd be my approach.

I'm just speculating like you all.

396302[/snapback]

But please, speculate on something logical. Don't come ranting in here saying "I think in week 6 JP is going to be abducted by bigfoot, will miss a few starts, but will come back strong in week 8, that's my speculation."

Depth != Winning

396305[/snapback]

But winning does not equal depth, so don't confuse the two.

No, I'm not.

That's not a very nice way to speak to another.

396332[/snapback]

Actually, you are. You dismiss the loss of Law, Bruschi, and Johnson and potential holdout of Seymour by saying the Pats have the depth to cover it. You also point out that they won in the playoffs without Law and Seymour.

But now that the Pats cave and sign Seymour to a weird contract, you say that depth DOESN'T equal winning.

Your posts up until know indicate that you expected the Pats to stare down Seymour just like the Eagles did to T.O. But now that they haven't, you say, they can't win without him.

Flip-flop goes the troll. :D

Actually, you are.  You dismiss the loss of Law, Bruschi, and Johnson and potential holdout of Seymour by saying the Pats have the depth to cover it.  You also point out that they won in the playoffs without Law and Seymour.

But now that the Pats cave and sign Seymour to a weird contract, you say that depth DOESN'T equal winning.

Your posts up until know indicate that you expected the Pats to stare down Seymour just like the Eagles did to T.O.  But now that they haven't, you say, they can't win without him.

Flip-flop goes the troll.  :D

396344[/snapback]

Hey, pick your own fight, I'm instigating with Hollywood..

Well, I guess sometimes there's enough stupidity to go around, OK I'll share.