Hair on duct tape not Natalee's....

according to FBI findings.....reported on Fox News.

392789[/snapback]

Gee, whatever will they talk about on Fox News and CNN now??? :D

Not to make light of it -- it's obviously a tragic situation for a family to lose a child and not have any idea what happened to her -- but the news coverage has just gone off the deep end.

I was out of town last week and caught a quick blurb on the radio that something else had happened in London. It sounded like another attack. So that night back at the hotel I tried to find out what happened by turning on the major news networks. They have almost nothing about London, but both devoted huge blocks of time to endless analysis of a piece of tape with a couple of hairs on it. It's insanity.

I read a lot of news, and I am happy to say I am not on a first name basis with whatever "Natalee" cablelady is talking about. I know a lot about the London bombings though. I guess I have screwed up priorities.

To be clear: I understand from the other posts this has to do with a kidnapping, and I'm not making light of that. I am just disturbed by the media's and people's obsession with stories of personal tragedy.

To be clear: I understand from the other posts this has to do with a kidnapping, and I'm not making light of that. I am just disturbed by the media's and people's obsession with stories of personal tragedy.

393022[/snapback]

People relate better to them. To misquote Stalin, one death is a tragedy, fifty a statistic. And far more people are parents that fear and can relate to the disappearance of someone's daughter than are victims of suicide bombers and can relate to the London bombings.

It's my understanding that the hair samples were improperly taken.  Have they finished draining that pond yet?  It'll be interesting to see what happens if there is no body.

394104[/snapback]

Pond is drained, but they haven't found anything. They're digging through a landfill now.