Who's job?

Who does everyone think/want to be the third reciever in b-lo?

Me?....I saw Roscoe!!!

389057[/snapback]

I think they should use both of them: Reed can run out into the pattern, then

Roscoe can climb up on his shoulders and catch the ball!

:doh:

Me?....I saw Roscoe!!!

389057[/snapback]

Roscoe will take it. I liked Josh Reed in college and I was thrilled when we drafted him. But I think Parrish's speed and the style of offense MM wants to run will leave Reed out of the lineup.

Just think if Roscoe is in there running a slot type route underneath...a head fake from him up the field before the ball is thrown will cause the defender to react. Reed and deep threat do not go together, so he's easier to defend.

Actually, I think they will both play, and switch off. There will be certain plays and packages for both. Sometimes they will play four wides. Reed will very likely play awesome in practice and pre-season, like he has even when he sucked in the regular season, and the coaches will drool over all the different ways they can use him. And then it will be up to Josh to play like that with live bullets.

There is a chance, however, that Reed doesn't play lights out in practice and pre-season. If that is the case, there is a chance that Aiken stays and Reed gets released. This, of course, only if Aiken impresses.

Just my opinion, but I think the coaches release one of the possession guys, Reed or Aiken, and keep (Not Quite So) Fast Freddie, because he can do a lot of things, and they like guys like that. With all three players guaranteed rosters spots (Moulds, Evans and Parrish) all having good hands, we simply don't need two possession guys on the bench. One will do. And we keep one of the bigger, faster free agent WRs on the PS.

I think the question for Josh Reed is whether or not he even makes the final roster. Moulds, Evans and Parrish are locks. Smith will probably be retained based upon his return skills, though he'll probably actually be the #5 WR. That leaves one or possibly two spots open. Aiken has more potential than Reed and outplayed him a year ago, too. Reed could still win that spot from him, but its going to be an uphill fight. If he loses, he has to hope the Bills keep a 6th WR, and even then, they'd probably just be protecting a promising developmental player like Tony Brown (lets face it, the 6th WR isn't going to see hardly any playing time unless a major injury bug hits).

389057[/snapback]

Oh dear god please tell me that no one else calls it B-lo? That may be the ultimate crime and damn good reason to execute J.Lo on the spot. I mean, its not like Buffalo has that hard gangster feel to it. Please stop. Please.

And start Roscoe, there's a reason you drafted him after all.

Agreed with all that its only a matter of time before Parrish gets the job. Even at his best Reed has not shown the kind of breakaway upside that Parrish has shown with his return skills. Reed at best would seem to be a good compliment to a #1 WR and not only is Evans a better compliment to Moulds but the #3 WR is all about opportunism and Parrish offers seemingly far greater opportunities that Reed.

The more relevant question is probably Auiken v. Reed rather than Parrish v. Reed. I am persuaded by thinking about how MM has really set the tone that $ matter less than winning with the cut of Shaw last year. In fact, Shaw was not cut because he sucked, was a bad guy, or had clearly failed as a player. MM cut him in order to free a roster spot for a player who would contribute something/anthing to the W/L of this team which Shaw was not doing as the #4 or #5 WR.

Even though we were going to write paychecks to Shaw after he was on the roster for two games whether he sat at home or on the bench, MM delivered the message loud and clear that we would rather pay you to sit home and free up a spot for a player (I don't think this was the exact deal at the time but it was the roster spot eventually) for a player like Jason Peters who was activated off the PS as other teams began sniffing around to sign him and then he showed he could not be blocked as a ST rusher and ended up contributing a block and TD for us.

I had figured Reed as a keeper over Aiken because we have already paid him and he will have a larger cap hit than Aiken even if we cut Reed. However, Aiken does stand a real chance of proving himself more valuable than Reed and making the team over him.

I do doubt however that this will happen as Aiken has not shown an indication that he is going to take the job by the throat and not let it go (he has occaisionally been OK but never great or even very good) and Reed in his rookie season was very good and has a rep as a workout warrior in practice and in the pre-season that differs from the droppsies he had in 2003 and the injuries he had in 2004 that have made him non-productive as a Bill.

I think the odds still are that he sees opening day as a Bill but I think Reed has and probably will be a disappointment for this team.

Oh dear god please tell me that no one else calls it B-lo? That may be the ultimate crime and damn good reason to execute J.Lo on the spot. I mean, its not like Buffalo has that hard gangster feel to it. Please stop. Please.

"J.Lo" has as much "hard gangster feel to it" as "P.Diddy." Now what the hell was Sean thinking with THAT move? :)

I hope the Bills keep Josh Reed. I know he has struggled but I feel he can be a really good receiver. I met him two years ago when I was up for the game against the Skins. By far his best game with us. He was such a cool guy. Very down to earth. I got his autograph and I hope he has a great season and career. I do believe Roscoe will be a great weapon. I just like Reed.