Bills high on Anderson

I don't think it will be. Yes our run defense will drop  a few notches however I believe in todays nfl it's critical to have a dt who can collapse the pocket and bring pressure from the inside, Especially against pocket passers.  If Edwards or Anderson can bring the interior rush aspect that pat williams couldn't I think our defense will actually be better.

387571[/snapback]

The Bills were # 7 in run defense last year, which is very good.

If we drop a few notches with the new guys, Edwards, Anderson,

will we drop to middle of the pack?

The Bills were # 7 in run defense last year, which is very good.

If we drop a few notches with the new guys, Edwards, Anderson,

will we drop to middle of the pack?

387759[/snapback]

If our pass defence improves, a good possibility with improved personel year on year for this (better pass rushing DT, Kelsay should improve, far improved safety tandem from the get-go) the the coaches should be able to gameplan taking this into account and despite a drop off in run stuffing personnel it is possible the run D could be better. Gray has shown to be a pretty good DC in his time here and has very good assistants so he MIGHT be able to compensate for losing Fat Pat.

I guess this is one more we will have to watch for in the new season.

When I read that I thought back to the "Drawn Together" episode when Ling Ling was secreting some kind of psychothropic drug so they all sat around licking him.  Poor Anderson.

387580[/snapback]

Sam Adams, Big Mike, Bennie Anderson....yikes.......poor Anderson is right.

Regardless of who starts, Anderson and Edwards will both be in the rotation with Big Sam. Anderson may be more of a run stuffer; Edwards a pass rusher.

387775[/snapback]

I don't care how they do it....Do it with the players you have....don't worry

about the guys who have left.....and bottom line get the hell out of the

field after 3rd down....which was the biggest downfall for this D last year,

opponents converting all those 3rd and longs.....sheesh...