Does anyone know when a Sabres Sched. will be out?

I looked for ya, but i can't find anywhere that tells when the schedule will be released. I can guarentee that they'll give a date on friday after the owners ratify the thing (provided there's not a players mutany in toronto today)

I looked for ya, but i can't find anywhere that tells when the schedule will be released.  I can guarentee that they'll give a date on friday after the owners ratify the thing (provided there's not a players mutany in toronto today)

386181[/snapback]

Thanks!

Jeff

No news on scheduling as of yet. I know they made some changes to the structure of the schedule as part of the CBA, so they are probably working on it as we speak.

They should seriuosly think about cutting the season down by like 10-15 games. Eliminate a lot of those interconference games and just have an east team play a west team once a year, but have them play every team. I think if they did that they could put more focus on games within the conference.

Here's the best info I've found on scheduling. Although it's from a message board, the poster has a great rep on the board. It doesn't specifically get to your question, but gives hints to time frames, at least.

July 23: Buyout period begins; also begins the period to negotiate with 2003 draft picks and teams' own free agents.

- July 28: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for signing 2003 draft picks (otherwise they re-enter 2005 draft); deadline for exercising club/player options for 2005-06 season.

- July 29: 5 p.m. EDT deadline for player buyouts.

- July 30: NHL entry draft in Ottawa. Modified version with only top prospects invited and cut down from nine to seven rounds.

- July 31: 5 p.m. EDT deadline to extend qualifying offers to clubs' own free agents. Qualifying offers are needed to retain rights of restricted free agents.

- Aug. 1: Official free-agent signing season begins.

- Aug. 10: Players notify teams whether they've elected salary arbitration.

- Aug. 11: Clubs notify players whether they've elected to bring them to salary arbitration.

- Aug. 12: NHL and NHLPA schedule arbitration cases.

- Aug. 15: Qualifying offers expire automatically.

- Aug. 22-Sept. 1: Salary arbitration hearings.

If this is accurate, that gives about a month for training camp & preseason before your 10/11 date. The 03-04 season started W 10/8. Of course, no one knows how it will play out post-lockout.

I'm going up for the Miami game on Oct 11 and would love to see some hockey. I think that that is to early though? :devil:

Jeff

386175[/snapback]

Although I dont have the source available, I have heard they will try to open the season in early Oct. I'm flying in for the Jets game, and I'm hoping they'll be playing too! :D

John

Although I dont have the source available, I have heard they will try to open the season in early Oct.  I'm flying in for the Jets game, and I'm hoping they'll be playing too!  :D

John

386233[/snapback]

I would think they have to start a week or so earlier than normal due to the Olympics, unless they want the finals being played July 4th weekend