May there always be an England

He said so eloquently: "I want to say something specifically to the world today- this was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and powerful, it was not aimed at Pesidents nor Prime Ministers, it was aimed at ordinary, working class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian...young and old... that isn't an ideology, it isn't even a perverted faith, it is an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder... Londoners will not be divided by this cowardly attack........{speaking to terrorists}....." you do not fear to give your own life... but I know you fear you may fail in your long term objective to destroy our free society...{ but }... whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail...."

Note he addresses the world in opening but does not include the world when he says " Londoners will not be divided"

If you thought the Cold War was long.......

Come on....we all know they were "little Eichmanns" who had it coming!

Words of Wisdom....

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

You guys obviously aren't that familiar with "Red Ken" Livingstone. He's an anti-semitic dirtbag who has stood against the GWOT from day one.

Convenient that he picks today to channel Winston Churchill.

You guys obviously aren't that familiar with "Red Ken" Livingstone.  He's an anti-semitic dirtbag who has stood against the GWOT from day one.

Convenient that he picks today to channel Winston Churchill.

376790[/snapback]

Steady - Ken is a good Mayor....

You've done the equivalent of dissing Giuliani on 9/12 :doh:

Hey Nick, all the best thoughts for you and your countrymen today.

376805[/snapback]

Likewise. America has heavy hearts right now. Stay strong and defiant- just like it appears your counrtymen are doing on TV

Steady - Ken is a good Mayor....

You've done the equivalent of dissing Giuliani on 9/12  :lol:

376796[/snapback]

Don't mind the ugly American, he didn't mean anything by it and I'm sure he will be a man and apologize.

Our prayers go out to you and yours at this time. It appears as if the terrorists picked a fight with the wrong guys this time. The term "British bulldog" pops into my mind and I have an idea that the backlash they expected from us after 9/11 is going to hit them hard this time. Go get 'em!

Don't mind the ugly American, he didn't mean anything by it and I'm sure he will be a man and apologize.

377123[/snapback]

I wouldn't advise him to hold his breath. I'll stand by what I said.

Livingstone has gone the anti-semitic route numerous times and has sub-sequently had to "clarify" what he really meant to say. If he was as harsh to blacks or homosexuals, I imagine his reputation would suffer but anti-semitism is pretty hip in Europe these days (isn't Israel the "real" cause to all the problems in the Middle East?) so he gets a pass.

Google it if you want.

And, yeah Ken, those pesky Jew reporters *are* just like concentration camp guards...... :lol:

I wouldn't advise him to hold his breath.  I'll stand by what I said.

Livingstone has gone the anti-semitic route numerous times and has sub-sequently had to "clarify" what he really meant to say.  If he was as harsh to blacks or homosexuals, I imagine his reputation would suffer but anti-semitism is pretty hip in Europe these days (isn't Israel the "real" cause to all the problems in the Middle East?) so he gets a pass.

Google it if you want.

And, yeah Ken, those pesky Jew reporters *are* just like concentration camp guards...... :lol:

377145[/snapback]

Livingstone's anti-Semitic utterances are despicable. His words , from the heart and from the mind, after this nefarious event are not diminished by his past mal mots.

I wouldn't advise him to hold his breath.  I'll stand by what I said.

Livingstone has gone the anti-semitic route numerous times and has sub-sequently had to "clarify" what he really meant to say.  If he was as harsh to blacks or homosexuals, I imagine his reputation would suffer but anti-semitism is pretty hip in Europe these days (isn't Israel the "real" cause to all the problems in the Middle East?) so he gets a pass.

Google it if you want.

377145[/snapback]

His comments were taken completely out of context and disgracefully blown out of all proportion by the media... Particularly the camps reference...

I also object to the inference that Europe is increasingly anti-semitic... I don't think ANYONE can be whiter than white on Israel right now... The US especially.

His comments were taken completely out of context and disgracefully blown out of all proportion by the media... Particularly the camps reference...

I also object to the inference that Europe is increasingly anti-semitic...  I don't think ANYONE can be whiter than white on Israel right now... The US especially.

377215[/snapback]

Ditto