Game Day Atmosphere

CBusBillsFan

I don't know about the best, but i can tell you about the absolute worst! NORTH CAROLINA @ chapel hill is TERRRRIBLE! please let me rant: 1st the old crappy stadium right in the middle of campus with NO where to park (which is weird for me to be upset about because we were on a tour bus trip to the game and we STILL had to WALK four freaking blocks to the stadium!) Thats how bad the parking IS!  2nd so being said that there is no parking, hence forthe ZERO tailgateing which is a crime in my book, not one single person i saw had a beer or anything but we had a small cooler full of beers, when we finally got near the stadium we leaned up aginst trees to drink our beer and within 5 mins 3 diff groups of people told us it was illegal to have open containers near the stadium! we had no choice all we had was a cooler so luckly someone gave us some cups, talk about $hitty coulda gone to jail for drinking beer at a FOOTBALL GAME! 3RD:  all 9,000 or so people who actually bothered to show up (holds 30,000) all got to the game exactly 15mins before kickoff which lead to a mad dash to the seats which didnt matter because the freaking stadium is DRY! no alcohol whatsoever i dont mean to sound like a raging alcoholic but damn i like to tip a few before a football game i think thats my right as an american!

needless to say i'll never go back, EVER! thank goodness we kicked the crap outta them 34-0 i would've been very upset riding 400 miles going through all that and then lose

377102[/snapback]

I saw more cell phones at that place than the mall...

I've heard that FSU games get pretty intense, I've always wanted to go to one. FSU-Miami on opening day is going to be crazy down there.

382623[/snapback]

yah it will be...i'm wondering if they are gonna cancel class the next day, seeing how 75% of the campus is going to be drunk/passed out/hung over/still partying...

The LSU band marching down the hill looked really cool. Here are some traditions at Ohio State. The St. John Arena and The 'Shoe movie shows the band marching into Skull Session (a pre-game pep rally the packs the old 14,000 seat football arena) and running into the stadium. After they run into the stadium they go directly to the ramp for pre-game. The band is the only all brass and percussion band in the country. About 450 try out every year and only 225 make it. I am trying out this year for the first time, so I hope I make it.

OSU Traditions

382219[/snapback]

Good Luck. One of my friends played bass drum on the Nat. Champ. Team. The best College game experience is OSU on band alumni weekend. I get chills watching 4 scprit Ohio's. gotta love it!

In my opinion (and according to the Sporting News and ESPN) the best game day experience in college football occurs in Knoxville when the Tennessee Volunteers play in Neyland Stadium. It's not just the size of the crowd---approaching 110,000---it's the Vol Navy anchored in the Tennessee River next to the stadium for two or three days before the game having an endless giant waterfront tailgate party, its the Pride of the Southland Marching Band playing outside the stadium a couple hours before gametime, its the Vol Walk and its the overwhelming color (mostly orange and white) displayed by the crowd. I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone who's been to Neyland choose another site other than LSU at night. I wish Ohio State and Tennessee would set up a home and home series. The fans would get a treat at both schools.

I would love a home and home with Tennessee. I know that Archie is trying to set up some home and homes with some SEC teams. We've invited Florida to one almost every year and they always turn it dowm. Tennessee would be great because there are a lot of OSU Alumni living in the Florida area and it would be a chance for them to see a game fairly close. The one team I almost hate as much as Michigan is Tennessee. There has always been something about them I can't stand, I dont know why. I would love to watch a game at Neyland Stadium, but my blood boils everytime I hear Rocky Top, again, not sure why.

• 2 weeks later...
yah it will be...i'm wondering if they are gonna cancel class the next day, seeing how 75% of the campus is going to be drunk/passed out/hung over/still partying...

382649[/snapback]

Don't worry... the game will be over in the 1st quarter this year. The canes will be dancing (or stomping) at the 50 yard line at the end of this game.

Notre Dame is a great experience, but it's not so much the stadium itself as it is the entire morning on campus. The band, the parade through campus, visiting the dome and the Grotto, etc.

Penn State seemed to be the opposite experience -- more intense inside the stadium but not as much fun leading up to the game (it was more like an NFL game). But I was only there once, so I probably missed some good things.

UNC was a lot of fun too -- great atmosphere, and that was while they were medicore. I would imagine that some of the top southern teams (especially SEC) would be amazing. IMO, college football is just bigger in the south and midwest than in most of the north/northeast.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.