KING KONG TRAILER

Am I the only person who finds it really disturbing the amount of people who don't know the details or haven't seen the 1933 King Kong, one of the iconic productions in the history of film? It was really groundbreaking and extremely important.

I really want to slap my forehead every time I hear somebody blame Peter Jackson for putting dinosaurs in the movie, when Kong fighting the T-Rex is one of the most famous sequences in movie history.

Sigh....

373872[/snapback]

No. And what's even more disturbing is how many more people must be sitting in movie theatres this summer scratching their heads after seeing the trailer.

"I thought King Kong was about a monkey who climbed the Empire State Building. Why did they mess it up by putting dinosaurs in it?"

:huh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is going to be a new video release of the 1933 King Kong with the added bonus of the lost spider attack footage which was recently discovered in France.

After Kong grabs the log and throws men off it, some survive by falling into a web and then getting attacked by giant spiders. This was cut from the orginal screening and was thought to be lost forever, until the lucky find.

Read this on the Latarnia Fourms, great place to read about Euro-horror and other views of horror fandom.

Tony the Tiger Posted Today, 09:44 AM

There is going to be a new video release of the 1933 King Kong with the added bonus of the lost spider attack footage which was recently discovered in France.

After Kong grabs the log and throws men off it, some survive by falling into a web and then getting attacked by giant spiders. This was cut from the orginal screening and was thought to be lost forever, until the lucky find.

Read this on the Latarnia Fourms, great place to read about Euro-horror and other views of horror fandom.

Wow!!! They actually found that footage? I remember seeing a still photo of the scene of the men on the log, on one side is Kong and on the other side is another dinosaur, a Styracosaurus I think, but in the movie you can not see the dinosaur. I wonder if that footage will be in the dvd.

They originally wanted to release the original King Kong on dvd in 2003 for it's 70th anniversary, but they did not anticipate how long it would take to remaster a film from 1933. Either way it'll be great to see King Kong on dvd for the first time this year.

all I was saying that in MY opinion, from viewing the trailer, I don't really know that much of a story and I think the effects look bad right now, and I really don't think it looks that cool. I wasn't comparing it to the original or anything like that... if you re-read my post, it is about the trailer, not the original or the movie as a whole, all I can comment on is the trailer. I don't care if it's exactly like the original, in my opinion this trailer didn't make me want to see the movie, quite the opposite.

So before you start being a smart ass, read my post and understand that I am stating that this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to one, you dumbasses!

all I was saying that in MY opinion, from viewing the trailer, I don't really know that much of a story and I think the effects look bad right now, and I really don't think it looks that cool.  I wasn't comparing it to the original or anything like that... if you re-read my post, it is about the trailer, not the original or the movie as a whole, all I can comment on is the trailer.  I don't care if it's exactly like the original, in my opinion this trailer didn't make me want to see the movie, quite the opposite.

So before you start being a smart ass, read my post and understand that I am stating that this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to one, you dumbasses!

373989[/snapback]

Mike, you aren't the only person (far from it) who seems confused about what is actually in the original King Kong, which is why I made the point originally. Re-read your original post. You seem dumbfounded as to why dinosaurs would be in the movie to begin with, when in reality they are in the new movie because they are supposed to be there.

I really don't care whether the film interests you. I'm more interested in the complete lack of understanding of film history a lot of young moviegoers have these days. I find it quite maddening, frankly. This is just the latest manifestation. A guy I work with actually thought the 1976 debacle was the "original" film. Argh.

No dinosaurs in that one, by the way. Just a very lame giant snake.

Since I'm also entitled to my opinion, I'll try not to get overly defensive and call you a "dumbass" in return.

After Kong grabs the log and throws men off it, some survive by falling into a web and then getting attacked by giant spiders.  This was cut from the orginal screening and was thought to be lost forever, until the lucky find.

373963[/snapback]

don't let steven spielberg and george lucas hear about that, or they'll re-release it with the spiders digitally enhanced as ewoks with walkie-talkies

don't let steven spielberg and george lucas hear about that, or they'll re-release it with the spiders digitally enhanced as ewoks with walkie-talkies

374272[/snapback]

I know about Lucas doing that, but Spielberg? Damn.

I know about Lucas doing that, but Spielberg? Damn.

374282[/snapback]

"enhanced" films are GLs style. see also ewoks, dewbacks, and stupid hula hoops around exploding death stars

SS (coincidence?) style is abit more subtle, he replaces guns with walkie talkies (see also ET)

didn't you see the South Park episode man?!

"enhanced" films are GLs style.  see also ewoks, dewbacks, and stupid hula hoops around exploding death stars

SS (coincidence?) style is abit more subtle, he replaces guns with walkie talkies (see also ET)

didn't you see the South Park episode man?!

374285[/snapback]

Unfortunately, my South Park watching is hit or miss these days. I am not a fan of ET so that would explain why I missed it on the DVD. Although you bringing up South Park does remind me of something...