What's that smell coming out of Jag camp?

haha ok so we can at least agree to disagree... for the record I wasn't a supporter of the LJ for Travis proposal...

You are right about Travis being a potential capable cheap backup - but his presence in the locker room has the potential to divide the locker room, if not 50/50 then there will at least be pockets of the team that want Travis to start or get more time I think.

I was always a Travis fan - but he's not playing this situation right in my eyes. If it is him that is delaying trade talk by asking for too much he's an ass. He needs to take whatever gig is going to get him playing time so he can argue up his contract when it comes time. Regardless of personnel in town now - I don't think he'll give anything near 100% for the Bills anymore regardless of whether it would benefit to do so or not. He's had 2 years of feeling snubbed, his confidence is down, he coming off injury and he has attitude/personality problems that I don't think should be part of the Bills organisation...

But you are right - I'm very glad neither of us are the GM. We'd screw it up all to hell.

372079[/snapback]

I still don't see how Travis could divide the locker room. Everyone knows that McGahee is the clear cut starter; the fans, media and players. Henry will only be a backup for the Bills and nothing else (barring injury). If he starts bitchin' the players will either ignore him or tell him to 'shut the !@#$ up'.

I still don't see how Travis could divide the locker room.  Everyone knows that McGahee is the clear cut starter; the fans, media and players.  Henry will only be a backup for the Bills and nothing else (barring injury).  If he starts bitchin' the players will either ignore him or tell him to 'shut the !@#$ up'.

372166[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you (uh-oh Nick , we are dividing again :lol: )....

I have always argued that there is no such thing as a RB "controversy" (as opposed to a QB controversy which is very real). Thus, if Travis wants to play - play well when you get the rock. If you want a good contract next year , then play well when they hand you the rock. Complain, and the rest of the team will drill you in practice.

This means showing up, shutting up, staying in shape and making the best of your opportunities - on THIS Nick and I AGREE :doh:

Hey Nick - BTW - good luck with your new Backer's Club!!!

RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

www.cnjbbb.org

I think that Travis is getting bad advice or he is not thinking straight. Does everyone think that McGahee is indestructable? If he gets hurt in the first preseason game WE'LL be the ones scrambling for a runningback. Neither Shaud Williams, ReShard Lee nor Lionel Gates bring me a lot of confidence for our playoff aspirations. Travis may be very immature but he is a much better than average back. If I knew Willis was going to be healthy the whole year I would say maybe trade TH. But the drop-off in talent from Henry to the next in line is tremendous.

I think that Travis is getting bad advice or he is not thinking straight. Does everyone think that McGahee is indestructable? If he gets hurt in the first preseason game WE'LL be the ones scrambling for a runningback. Neither Shaud Williams, ReShard Lee nor Lionel Gates bring me a lot of confidence for our playoff aspirations. Travis may be very immature but he is a much better than average back. If I knew Willis was going to be healthy the whole year I would say maybe trade TH. But the drop-off in talent from Henry to the next in line is tremendous.

372216[/snapback]

Normally, I'd agree with that. But this case is not normal. TH is bitter at being demoted to number 2 and doesn't want to play here. Its all in TH's hands really, if he's willing to be a team player, just play out the final year of your contract to the best of your ability and get your cash in Free Agency. But he's going the other way and whining about it, so we are best off just trading him away if the price is right.

Greg Jones is awfully big to be a fulltime RB - he's listed at 250.  Seems to me to be more of a FB. How many carries can you expect in the Florida heat from a guy this heavy? 15? 20? (I get tired just thinking about it).

371782[/snapback]

I'll disagree with you on this part. GJ played for FSU at that weight, so Florida heat is not issue for him. Maybe it's just my FSU bias but I think he has an oppurtunity to be a very good RB.

I'll disagree with you on this part.  GJ played for FSU at that weight, so Florida heat is not issue for him.  Maybe it's just my FSU bias but I think he has an oppurtunity to be a very good RB.

372239[/snapback]

Jones played great down here and he would have been a top RB prospect, but he blew his knee out after his junior year...that dropped him...also, his senior year, he never carried more than 10-15 times a game cuz we had booker and washington...dont get me wrong tho, i like the guy and he's a hell of a back...just look at his steamroll of the UNC DB in our game a couple of years ago...you can hear the hit on the radio clip...

Jones played great down here and he would have been a top RB prospect, but he blew his knee out after his junior year...that dropped him...also, his senior year, he never carried more than 10-15 times a game cuz we had booker and washington...dont get me wrong tho, i like the guy and he's a hell of a back...just look at his steamroll of the UNC DB in our game a couple of years ago...you can hear the hit on the radio clip...

372245[/snapback]

Yup, I remember that bump in the grass he went over :doh: He's now two years removed from his knee surgery, I think he's ready to make some noise!