Friggin' Politicians

Whaaa! We Have to Use Police to Write Tickets! WHAAA!

The campaign to contract it out starts now. Why? Because it's a great revenue generator for the city - an unlevied tax. My wife got a ticket in the Sears parking lot because someone stole her front license plate under the old APA. Not only did we have to get completely new plates and reregister the car, we got to pay over $100 fine for the priviledge. They were actually ticketing cars in homeowner's driveways.

Under the new laws, there are foot cops walking the streets checking cars. The downtown area of the city is safer even if these guys NEVER write a ticket. The old meter maids sure didn't give off any aura of power.

Whaaa!  We Have to Use Police to Write Tickets!  WHAAA!

The campaign to contract it out starts now.  Why?  Because it's a great revenue generator for the city - an unlevied tax.  My wife got a ticket in the Sears parking lot because someone stole her front license plate under the old APA.  Not only did we have to get completely new plates and reregister the car, we got to pay over $100 fine for the priviledge.  They were actually ticketing cars in homeowner's driveways.

Under the new laws, there are foot cops walking the streets checking cars.  The downtown area of the city is safer even if these guys NEVER write a ticket.  The old meter maids sure didn't give off any aura of power.

368588[/snapback]

It's all about revenue.

Actually in VA you need both plates on or your car is improperly registered and you will be ticketed. The reason being a lot of idiots think that you can put one plate on 2 different vehicles and it must be okay. :(

It's all about revenue. 

Actually in VA you need both plates on or your car is improperly registered and you will be ticketed.  The reason being a lot of idiots think that you can put one plate on 2 different vehicles and it must be okay.  :(

368661[/snapback]

Heh. Why does that not suprise me :doh::lol:

That's sounds strangely familar to Urbana, IL near where I live.  They have parking nazi's who patrol neighborhoods looking for infractions to ticket people for.

368672[/snapback]

We get that in Alexandria too. You have to buy a permit to park here. Don't have one? ZAP.

We get that in Alexandria too. You have to buy a permit to park here. Don't have one? ZAP.

368678[/snapback]

Yup. A friend of mine had the backend of his truck slightly in the sidewalk/driveway intersection of his property and zapo! :(

Motherment.

((*nods to /dev/null*))  :(

368723[/snapback]

this actually isn't a case of Motherment. its just greedy ass politicians looking for a new revenue stream

Motherment is when the government strips away rights or encourages (forces) specific behavior to make the great unwashed masses safe, healthy, and secure