Any Michigan State Fans Out There?

R. Rich

One thing I'm pretty psyched about: my cousin, Tom Dance, is 2nd on the Michigan State depth chart @ strong safety. He was redshirted last year, so this is his freshman season. The guy ahead of him is a sophomore, but neither have any experience. I'm hoping that Tom plays his way into the starting role this season.

Tom, like his old (and broken down) cousin R. Rich, is a football and track guy. He ran the 110 hurdles in high school like I did, but Tom won 2 state titles in the event where the best I did was a 4th place finish as a senior. I'm really excited for him. His older brother, Tim, originally went to the University of Buffalo as a WR, and wasn't bad there, either. He has since transferred to a school in Erie, Gannon University.

Good luck to both of them.

My cousin goes to Penn State and can't stop talking about this guy. It's making me nervous about the PSU-OSU game this year.

369107[/snapback]

Penn State had a monster recruiting year, but you have to figure a lot of those guys will be redshirted this year. I wouldn't want to play them next year.

One thing I'm pretty psyched about:  my cousin, Tom Dance, is 2nd on the Michigan State depth chart @ strong safety.  He was redshirted last year, so this is his freshman season.  The guy ahead of him is a sophomore, but neither have any experience.  I'm hoping that Tom plays his way into the starting role this season. 

Tom, like his old (and broken down) cousin R. Rich, is a football and track guy.  He ran the 110 hurdles in high school like I did, but Tom won 2 state titles in the event where the best I did was a 4th place finish as a senior.  I'm really excited for him.  His older brother, Tim, originally went to the University of Buffalo as a WR, and wasn't bad there, either.  He has since transferred to a school in Erie, Gannon University. 

Good luck to both of them.

362909[/snapback]

Good luck to him Rich.

Our family will be watching a lot more MSU this year too. My brother-in-law's nephew Craig McGovern is a RS Frosh TE, I think he's #3 on the depth chart, but they seem to have a lot of TEs so who knows until the season starts.

Penn State had a monster recruiting year, but you have to figure a lot of those guys will be redshirted this year.  I wouldn't want to play them next year.

370444[/snapback]

They will be tough, that's for sure. They've done a good job of getting defensive depth in their last couple of recruiting classes, and are now working on putting together a solid offense.

• 2 months later...
Craig McGovern had a catch the other day KD in CT!

But I don't think Tom Dance got in on ST at all.

430419[/snapback]

Yeah, I kept checking to see if Tom was in there, and I did see him a few times on the sidelines, but not in the game. The guy ahead of him @ SS looks pretty decent, so Tom has his work cut out for him to get playing time on defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.