Antonio Brown

Didn't know he was with them lastyear:

A. Brown buzz

Generating perhaps the most talk among coaches and teammates this offseason was wide receiver Antonio Brown, who is in line for kick return duties and perhaps even some snaps on offense.

Brown, 27, signed in November and went on to lead Washington in punt return average (8.9 yards) and returned a kickoff 66 yards. The former sprinter at West Virginia and Miami Central High School possesses unbelievable speed but thinks he is much more than just a runner -- an opinion Gibbs shares.

"Sometimes you see somebody who comes from a track background, and they're pretty much straight-line," Gibbs said. "They have a hard time mentally sometimes adjusting to football. This guy does not. You tell him to run a route, and he's probably as good as anybody out there.

"He's got to be one of the faster guys in the league. ... But you can be fast, but if you're not a good football guy, it's not going to do you any good. I think he's a football guy."

Lately Brown has been trying to master the nuances of his acceleration -- "channeling that speed and controlling that speed and knowing when to burst and when not to burst and coming in and out of the breaks," he explained.

"Speed can be dangerous also," Brown said. "It can blow up on you because you're doing something too fast."

Apparently he looks alot more like a football guy on the practice field or in preseason than he does when it actually matters.

Now I'm the first guy to say that Brown didn't have the best blocking in the world but he also wasn't able to make the first guy miss very often.

Didn't know he was with them lastyear:

A. Brown buzz

Generating perhaps the most talk among coaches and teammates this offseason was wide receiver Antonio Brown, who is in line for kick return duties and perhaps even some snaps on offense.

Brown, 27, signed in November and went on to lead Washington in punt return average (8.9 yards) and returned a kickoff 66 yards. The former sprinter at West Virginia and Miami Central High School possesses unbelievable speed but thinks he is much more than just a runner -- an opinion Gibbs shares.

"Sometimes you see somebody who comes from a track background, and they're pretty much straight-line," Gibbs said. "They have a hard time mentally sometimes adjusting to football. This guy does not. You tell him to run a route, and he's probably as good as anybody out there.

"He's got to be one of the faster guys in the league. ... But you can be fast, but if you're not a good football guy, it's not going to do you any good. I think he's a football guy."

Lately Brown has been trying to master the nuances of his acceleration -- "channeling that speed and controlling that speed and knowing when to burst and when not to burst and coming in and out of the breaks," he explained.

"Speed can be dangerous also," Brown said. "It can blow up on you because you're doing something too fast."

362789[/snapback]

They did a little piece on him last night on FOX Sports Central, they even talked with Greg (with two g's) Williams about him...one of those guys that dazzled in preseason, that was never given much rope....there is a WR or RB every year that looks like a diamond in the rough, we cut them, and they are never heard about again. Remember the fullback Nate Turner? I thought he was going to be our secret weapon the preseason he was there. He was awesome, a Jerome Bettis type. He made it until the final cut, was released, and I don't think he ever made an NFL roster.