Legette vs McConkey

If you had to take one of those two in the first, who do you like?  I would take McConkey because I believe in his ability to separate as much as anyone in the draft, but I really like Legette at 28 too.  

If I were king, I would take McConkey plan for him and Shakir to man the Z and the slot, go defense at 60, and make sure I get Brendan Rice later to be our X with size.  Rice should last for a while and we should go up and get him, IMHO.  Every review of his game says whatever shortcomings he has, he has immediate acceleration and can take the top off.  There is a shortage of big X type receivers after the top 3 (the others I see are Legette who I really like, Mitchell and Franklin, who I worry about, and Walker, who I do NOT like).   McConkey, [Defense], Rice, [Defense the rest of the way, save maybe an interior lineman and a very late RB].  Do this and I am thrilled

22 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

If you had to take one of those two in the first, who do you like?  I would take McConkey because I believe in his ability to separate as much as anyone in the draft, but I really like Legette at 28 too.  

If I were king, I would take McConkey plan for him and Shakir to man the Z and the slot, go defense at 60, and make sure I get Brendan Rice later to be our X with size.  Rice should last for a while and we should go up and get him, IMHO.  Every review of his game says whatever shortcomings he has, he has immediate acceleration and can take the top off.  There is a shortage of big X type receivers after the top 3 (the others I see are Legette who I really like, Mitchell and Franklin, who I worry about, and Walker, who I do NOT like).   McConkey, [Defense], Rice, [Defense the rest of the way, save maybe an interior lineman and a very late RB].  Do this and I am thrilled

You might want to move this to the main forum. Legette, he has more upside.  Toss in McConkey had a back issue which to me a scary injury as sometimes you can never fully recover from them.