LJ Shelton's salary

His base salary for this season is $950K. Considering players never get more than half their salary in a signing bonus, I'd wager at most he got a ~$500K signing bonus. I'll look-into it more, but it appears he'll at best be making half of what he was supposed to be making.

http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=27033

Lots of views, but no replies.  Hmmm.

Oh and another thing, the Browns offered the best deal to Shelton.  That means the other teams offered minimum salary and/or little to no signing bonus.

355123[/snapback]

Interesting.....

If he was willing to go that cheap then I just don't understand why we didn't even bother bringing him in.

Then again, we signed Gandy at $540,000 so I guess we shouldn't even bother if someone wants more than $750,000. :(

Interesting.....

If he was willing to go that cheap then I just don't understand why we didn't even bother bringing him in.

Then again, we signed Gandy at $540,000 so I guess we shouldn't even bother if someone wants more than $750,000.  :(

355130[/snapback]

Uhm...we did bring him in for a visit...checked him out...and our coaches didnt like him.

So why is there all of this concern? We gave it a shot, and our coaches obviously weren't satisfied with him. Dont you all think we should be trusting the coaches' opinions on this guy over our own?

I mean, I think we all like to play Head Coach now and then, but none of us have any idea what we are talking about since we cant actually look at extensive film and medical history on a certain player. Our coaches didnt like him...so thats fine by me.

Uhm...we did bring him in for a visit...checked him out...and our coaches didnt like him.

So why is there all of this concern?  We gave it a shot, and our coaches obviously weren't satisfied with him.  Dont you all think we should be trusting the coaches' opinions on this guy over our own?

I mean, I think we all like to play Head Coach now and then, but none of us have any idea what we are talking about since we cant actually look at extensive film and medical history on a certain player.  Our coaches didnt like him...so thats fine by me.

355134[/snapback]

coaches make mistakes.......for instance, they made a mistake with their assessment of the LG spot last year and it cost us.......they may also be making a mistake in regards to the LT spot this year........

hmmmm....maybe L.J. Shelton at his very best is a bust.

355142[/snapback]

I don't know, the Browns thought enough of him to let Verba go without a fight. But this late in the offseason, there's no way Shelton (or Verba) are going to break the bank.

And maybe the Bills just like Gandy. Maybe the coaches feel he's fits the system they're implementing. It's difficult to judge all this until we see these guys on the field.